Uttarakhand and Haryana declared 4th and 5th ODF States in the country
- Rural Uttarakhand and Rural Haryana have been declared as 4th and 5th ODF states respectively under the Swachh Bharat Mission Gramin (SBM-G)
- These join the league of Sikkim, Himachal Pradesh and Kerala, which were the first three states to be declared ODF and more than 2 Lakh villages and 147 districts have been declared ODF across the country
- The sanitation coverage at national level has increased from 42% to over 64% in just two and a half years since the launch of SBM
- The next step for Swachh Bharat Gramin will be to focus on sustaining this ODF status and systematic solid and liquid waste management in rural India
- With the total number of ODF States now rising to 5,.
- About Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- Target year is 2nd October 2019
- 100% open defecation free
- Build household toilets, community toilets and public toilets
- Efficient solid waste management in all 4041 statutory towns
- The Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) a joint mission of the Ministry of Urban Development and the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation
- Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) was launched on October 2, 2014, with a target to make the country clean by October 2, 2019
Cabinet approves Constitution of Indian Naval Material Management Service (INMMS) as an Organized Group ‘A’ Engineering Service
- The Union Cabinet has approved constitution of an organized Group ‘A’ Engineering Service, namely Indian Naval Material Management Service (INMMS) and consequent changes in cadre structure of existing Group ‘A’ cadre of Naval Store Officers of the Indian Navy
- It will improve the functional efficiency of Material Management of Naval Stores and ensure operational readiness of the Navy at all times as well as provide better career prospects for the incumbents.