National Mission for Clean Ganga Organises Ek Shaam Ganga Ke Naam
- River Ganga has been an unceasing source of livelihood for more than 40 percent of India’s population. It has been unconditionally providing for our needs and has been the very essence of spirituality.
- In order to acknowledge the river’s importance and celebrate its magnificence, National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) organised a cultural evening – “Ek Shaam Ganga ke Naam”yesterday in New Delhi. On this date in 2008, Ganga was declared as the National River of India.
- The genesis of this Cyclothon lay in Prime Minister Narendra Modi appeal to people in his monthly radio show Mann Ki Baat about avoiding the use of petrol & diesel for one day in the week to conserve fuels and contribute towards Nation building.
- The promotion of cycling through this event is aimed at instilling socio-environmental consciousness among citizens towards the larger aim of conserving foreign exchange on fuel imports.
- Shri Dharmendra Pradhan participates in the 5 Kms Green Ride to create awareness for cycle.
The objective of the conference is to update the scientific community about most recent advances in human Physiology in extreme environments, Neuroscience, Yoga, Sport Physiology and translational research.