- The seventh oldest university in the Indian subcontinent and the first in Bihar, Patna University was founded by an Act of legislature on 1st October 1917
- Its jurisdiction mapped Bihar, Orissa and Nepal and for forty years since its inception Patna University was the arbiter of the academic destiny of these territories
PM addresses Centenary Celebrations of Patna University
- He said that he considers it his honour to visit Patna University and be among the students.
- He urged the students to think about innovative solutions to the problems faced by people. He said that by applying what they learn, and through the Start-Up sector, there is a lot that they can do for society.
All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA)
- The First ever All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA), set up along the lines of AIIMS, will be dedicated to the Nation by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi on Ayurveda Day on 17th October, 2017 at New Delhi.
- Set up as an apex institute under the Ministry of AYUSH, the AIIA will bring synergy between the traditional wisdom of Ayurveda and modern diagnostic tools and technology.
- It has started working to facilitate quality patient care, research and bridging the gaps in the scientific information about quality, safety and efficacy of Ayurveda products and developing benchmarks of Ayurvedic education, research and healthcare
- Its mission is to be a role model by setting up benchmarks for Postgraduate and Post-Doctoral Education in Ayurveda, bringing Ayurveda Health care of highest standards within the reach of every individual at National and International Level and to undertake interdisciplinary research focused on validation of Ancient Wisdom of Ayurveda
India International Science Festival (IISF)
- The 1st IISF was held at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) New Delhi in December, 2015. The mega S&T expo attracted more than 3 Lakh people. VIBHA has become the Guinness Book World Record Holder for the successful conduct of the ‘Largest Practical Science Lesson’ by 2000 students from prestigious schools of Delhi. Indeed, the event was a great success with the participation of more than 3000 young scientists across the country.
- The 2nd IISF was held at CSIR-National Physical Laboratory, New Delhi in December, 2016 with a view to improve their scientific understanding, temperament and appreciation for various feats in science & technology by showcasing Indian achievements.
- The 3rd series of IISF will be organized from 13-16 October 2017, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- The festival has several components. One of them is the science village, where ‘Parliament to Panchayat’ programme will be held in which 26 teams of students from the State will present a problem that they would like to resolve in their village. The problems would then be presented to the Prime Minister who would allocate funds for the same.
- The grassroots innovators summit houses low-cost innovations for everyone — from agriculturists to weavers to home makers.
New Guiness Record at IISF Chennai 2017
- IISF in Anna University campus at Chennai saw the making of a new Guinness World Record for the Largest Biology Lesson.
- One thousand forty nine (1049) students participated in the record breaking session.
- World Record attempts have been a key part of India International Science Festival since 2015, which leads to encouragement and popularizing of Science through public participation.
- In IISF 2015, students took a successful shot at the Guinness World record for the world’s largest science Lesson at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi.
- The World record which was created in the IISF Chennai 2017 had students from Class 9 and Class 10. Students from 20 local schools participated in the event.