GENERAL STUDIES PAPER 2
Regional Research Institute of Homoeopathy in Agartala
- Strengthening health services and propagation of AYUSH systems in North-Eastern states.
- Homeopathic researchers contribute and help the Government in the management of epidemics like Dengue, Chikungunya, Malaria and Swine Flu as the contribution of Homeopathy in controlling epidemics is well known in the past.
- Union government urged the researchers and field experts to develop indigenous technologies and drugs that are scientific, efficacious and cost effective to tackle these diseases.
- The Union Minister(AYUSH) said that the Institute should also focus on Malaria research with Homoeopathy as this disease is endemic in the region.
- The Regional Research Institute (RRI) is one of the 9 institutes functioning under CCRH.
- This is the 3rd Homoeopathic regional research institute in the North Eastern states and the first with own land and building.
GENERAL STUDIES PAPER 3
Direct Tax Collections up-to August, 2017 in the current Financial Year 2017-18 show Growth of 17.5%
- The Direct Tax collections up to August, 2017 in the current Financial Year 2017-18 continue to register a steady growth.
- Direct Tax collections, net of refunds, stands at Rs. 2.24 lakh crore which is 17.5% higher than the net collections for the corresponding period of the last year.
- This collection is 22.9% of the total Budget Estimates of Direct Taxes for the Financial Year 2017-18.
- Growth Rate for Corporate Income Tax (CIT) and Personal Income Tax (PIT) in terms of Gross Revenue Collections is concerned, the Growth Rate for CIT is 5.0% while that for PIT (including STT) is 16.0%.