The UPSC has released the Detailed Application Form (DAF) for the 2018 civil services mains exam. The UPSC mains exam is scheduled to commence on 28th September and will continue for five days. The last two papers would be held on 7th October. The DAF for IAS mains exam was uploaded on the official website of the UPSC on 23rd July 2018.
Candidates who have cleared the UPSC prelims and have qualified to take the UPSC mains exam should fill in the DAF online and submit it in the UPSC portal. The last date for submitting the DAF is 6:00 PM, 6th August 2018. Once the DAF has been submitted, the Commission will upload the Admit Cards of candidates for the mains exam.
How to fill the DAF for mains exam on UPSC website?
- Go to the UPSC official website: upsc.gov.in home page.
Click on the link under Active Examinations: Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2018
- You will reach a page as follows:
Click on the link to the DAF.
- Then, will land on the following page. Click on the link on ‘Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2018’.
- On clicking the above link, you will reach:
- Now, fill in the login details as given in the page and fill the DAF carefully before submitting it.
Candidates should make sure that they have filled all the columns correctly. The Commission will not entertain any correspondence from the candidates to change any of the entries made while filling the Online Detailed Application Form.
Candidates are advised to read through the Instructions PDF provided in the website before starting out to fill in the DAF.
You can download the instructions PDF from below:
On the registration module, candidates should fill all the details correctly, like
- Name – as recorded in the matriculation/ secondary examination certificate
- Roll Number – six digit format
- Date of Birth- as recorded in the matriculation/secondary examination certificate
- E-mail address – should provide a valid email address, as the login credentials will be sent to the respective registered e-mail address provided by the candidates and the commission may use the same for any future correspondence with the candidates.
Candidates should fill all the compulsory fields.
After filling all the details, one should click on the submit button. A message on the screen will appear with candidate’s name, email address. A password will be sent to the candidate’s e-mail address. After this, candidates should again visit the UPSC official website and should login into the module with their roll number and password.
ONLINE DAF (Detailed Application Form), the online DAF has 6 modules and they are:
- Personal Information
- Educational Information
- Parental Information
- Employment Information
- Upload documents and
- Final Submission
Candidates should save each module after filling the same. Candidates can also make changes in any module before the final submission of the DAF (Detailed Application Form) but once the final submission is done candidates will not be able to make any changes online.
Candidates should upload scanned copies of documents like
- Proof of Age
- Educational Qualification
- Community Certificate
- PH Certificate
- Photo ID proof – this ID is to be carried to the examination centre. This can be voter ID/Aadhaar Card/PAN Card/Passport/Educational institution or office ID Card/Driving License or any valid ID issued by the central or state government
- And, other required documents as mentioned in the Instructions to Candidates for filling in the Detailed Application Form
Some of the fields in the online form have been prepopulated using the information provided by the candidate at the time of filling up the earlier Online Application Form for writing the Written Examination/Preliminary Written Examination. These fields are candidate’s name, Date of Birth, Father’s name, Mother’s name, email address, Physically Challenged category, Disability percentage etc. Such fields cannot be changed by the candidate.
But, if a candidate finds any error / discrepancy in these fields, he/she may make a separate detailed application to the Commission along with all relevant documents, in support of his/her claim. The Commission will resolve each such case on merit and its decision in such cases shall be final.
All candidates except those who are exempt must pay the prescribed fees for UPSC mains Rs.200/- during the filling up of the DAF.
Candidates who are exempt from fee payment: Female/SC/ST/Persons with benchmark disability (PWBD)
Candidates can pay either online or through the ‘Pay by Cash’ mode. Online payment can be done by net banking (SBI) or using VISA/MasterCard/RuPay Credit/Debit card.
If you are paying by cash, you should take a printout of the system generated pay-in-slip during the online DAF filling, and deposit the fee at a branch of SBI on the next working day itself. Please note that the ‘Pay by Cash’ mode will be deactivated on 5th August 2018.