The UPSC has released its Annual Calendar for the year 2019 and 2020.
This UPSC Calendar schedule gives the various exam dates for the recruitment tests conducted by the commission every year including the civil services, NDA, CDS, etc. This article gives details about the IAS exam 2019 calendar and date sheet.
Candidates need to check the official website for any update related to the UPSC Calendar as it might save them from difficult situation ahead.
Aspirants can check the UPSC Calendar 2020, at the linked article.
IAS Exam Date Sheet 2019
The UPSC has also announced the IAS 2019 exam date. As per the UPSC exam calendar 2019 provided, the civil services preliminary exam was held on 2nd June 2019.
The UPSC civil services mains exam will start from 20th September 2019.
The UPSC Notification for the Prelims 2019 was released on 19th February 2019. The last date for the receipt of applications was 18th March.
Check UPSC Exam Dates here.
Annual UPSC calendar 2019 / IAS Date Sheet 2019:
|Name of Exam||Date of Notification||Last Date for Receipt of Applications||Date of Commencement of Exam||Duration of Exam|
|Civil Services (Prelims), 2019||19.02.2019||18.03.2019||02.06.2019||1 Day|
|Indian Forest Service (Prelims), 2019 through Civil Services (Prelims)||19.02.2019||18.03.2019||02.06.2019||1 Day|
|Civil Services (Mains – written), 2019||20.09.2019||5 Days|
|Indian Forest Service (Mains), 2019||01.12.2019||10 Days|
As you can see from the IAS exam time table 2019, the UPSC Mains exam is scheduled to be held on 20th September this year.
Aspirants have only a few days to prepare for the IAS Mains Exam 2019.
The UPSC Mains Exam dates are given below:
|UPSC Exam date (Mains)||Morning||Afternoon|
|September 20, 2019||Paper I
|September 21, 2019||General Studies-I||General Studies-II|
|September 22, 2019||General Studies-III||General Studies-IV|
|September 28, 2019||Paper- A (Indian Language)||Paper B- English|
|September 29, 2019||Optional Paper I||Optional Paper-II|
Every year, the UPSC conducts the civil services exam to recruit officers into the Indian civil services.
As per the IAS Notification 2019, candidates who clear the three stages of this exam will be appointed as officers of the Indian Administrative Service, Indian Police Service, Indian Foreign Service, Indian Revenue Service, etc.
IAS Exam Pattern 2019:
As mentioned in the IAS Notification 2019, the Exam Pattern for the UPSC IAS Exam is as follows:
- The Prelims exam is the first stage of the UPSC CSE. This consists of two papers consisting of MCQs/objective-type questions.
- The second stage is the UPSC Mains exam which includes nine descriptive papers.
- The final stage is the Personality Test or the UPSC interview which is held in New Delhi.
Every stage requires candidates to clear it before moving on to the subsequent stage. Finally, based on the candidate’s rank obtained, preference and category, and the number of vacancies for that year, the candidate is allotted a service and cadre.
Candidates should be very careful with the UPSC Exam Calendar 2019-20. UPSC might change some of the important exam dates due to error or any issues. Therefore, UPSC Calendar should be checked multiple times on the official website for any update.
You can also get the PDF of the UPSC IAS time table 2019 from here.
Download the detailed UPSC annual calendar 2019 from the link below:
More UPSC Calendar 2019 related queries
- When should we apply for Civil Services Exam 2019?
- To apply for UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019, candidates have to fill the two-part online registration form on the UPSC official website before the last date of the application (6:00 PM, March 18, 2019).
- What is the eligibility for IAS?
- The eligibility criteria for the IAS exam are given below:
- Educational Qualification
- Number of Previous Attempts
- Medical Fitness
- The IAS eligibility criteria vary for different categories and also for different services. Read the complete IAS eligibility conditions here.
- When should we start preparing for UPSC 2019?
- As mentioned in the UPSC calendar 2019, the Prelims are in June and Mains on September 2019 so the preparation should begin immediately if you don’t want to waste your precious attempt.
- For latest details on UPSC 2020, refer to the linked article.
- Can I clear UPSC without coaching?
- Yes, candidates can clear the UPSC exam without coaching but you will need to have a solid IAS preparation strategy and a lot of perseverance. If you plan to self-study, here are some essential tips for IAS preparation from home.
- How can I prepare for UPSC Mains?
- Refer UPSC Previous Year Papers
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses
- Balance current affairs with static parts of GS syllabus in Mains
- Take some mock tests to practice solving MCQ
- What is the syllabus of IAS?
- The IAS exam syllabus can be divided into two parts:
- UPSC Prelims – 2 papers – objective type questions
- IAS Mains – 9 papers – theory/descriptive
- To read/download the syllabus of IAS exam 2019 for Prelims and Mains, check the link.
- Can final year students apply for UPSC 2019?
- Yes, final year students can apply for UPSC Prelims 2019. However, to appear for UPSC Mains, you will have to submit proof of passing (Graduation from a recognised university).