The UPSC has released its Annual Calendar for the year 2019. This schedule gives the various exam dates for the recruitment tests conducted by the commission every year including the civil services, NDA, CDS, etc. This article gives details about the IAS exam 2019 calendar and date sheet.
IAS Exam Date Sheet 2019
The UPSC has also announced the IAS 2019 exam date. As per the UPSC 2019 time table provided, the civil services preliminary exam will be held on 2nd June 2019. The UPSC civil services mains exam will start from 20th September 2019. The UPSC notification for the prelims 2019 was released on 19th February 2019. The last date for the receipt of applications was 18th March.
Annual UPSC calendar 2019 / IAS Date Sheet 2019:
|Name of Exam||Date of Notification||Last Date for receipt of Applications||Date of Commencement of Exam||Duration of Exam|
|Civil Services (Prelims), 2019||19.02.2019||18.03.2019||02.06.2019||1 Day|
|Indian Forest Service (Prelims), 2019 through Civil Services (Prelims)||19.02.2019||18.03.2019||02.06.2019||1 Day|
|Civil Services (Mains – written), 2019||20.09.2019||5 Days|
|Indian Forest Service (Mains), 2019||01.12.2019||10 Days|
As you can see from the IAS exam time table 2019, the UPSC prelims exam is scheduled to be held on 2nd June next year. Aspirants have almost exactly one year to prepare for the IAS prelims and then the mains exam 2019.
Every year, the UPSC conducts the civil services exam to recruit officers into the Indian civil services. Candidates who clear the three stages of this exam will be appointed as officers of the Indian Administrative Service, Indian Police Service, Indian Foreign Service, Indian Revenue Service, etc.
IAS Exam pattern 2019:
- The prelims exam is the first stage of the UPSC CSE. This consists of two papers consisting of MCQs/objective-type questions.
- The second stage is the UPSC Mains exam which includes nine descriptive papers.
- The final stage is the Personality Test or the UPSC interview which is held in New Delhi.
Every stage requires candidates to clear it before moving on to the subsequent stage. Finally, based on the candidate’s rank obtained, preference and category, and the number of vacancies for that year, the candidate is allotted a service and cadre. You can also get the PDF of the UPSC IAS time table 2019 from here.
Download the detailed UPSC annual calendar 2019 from the link below:
More UPSC Calendar 2019 related queries
- When should we apply for Civil Services Exam 2019?
- To apply for UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019, candidates have to fill the two-part online registration form on the UPSC official website before the last date of the application (6:00 PM, March 18, 2019).
- What is the eligibility for IAS?
- The eligibility criteria for the IAS exam are given below:
- Educational Qualification
- Number of Previous Attempts
- Medical Fitness
- The IAS eligibility criteria vary for different categories and also for different services. Read the complete IAS eligibility conditions here.
- When should we start preparing for UPSC 2019?
- As mentioned in the UPSC calendar 2019, the Prelims are in June and Mains in September 2019 so the preparation should begin immediately if you don’t want to waste your precious attempt.
- Can I clear UPSC without coaching?
- Yes, candidates can clear the UPSC exam without coaching but you will need to have a solid IAS preparation strategy and a lot of perseverance. If you plan to self-study, here are some essential tips for IAS preparation from home.
- How can I prepare for UPSC Prelims?
- Refer UPSC Previous Year Papers
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses
- Balance current affairs with static parts of GS syllabus in prelims
- Take some mock tests to practice solving MCQ
- What is the syllabus of IAS?
- The IAS exam syllabus can be divided into two parts:
- UPSC Prelims – 2 papers – objective type questions
- IAS Mains – 9 papers – theory/descriptive
- To read/download the syllabus of IAS exam 2019 for Prelims and Mains, check the link.
- Can final year students apply for UPSC 2019?
- Yes, final year students can apply for UPSC Prelims 2019. However, to appear for UPSC Mains, you will have to submit proof of passing (Graduation from a recognised university).
|UPSC Prelims 2019||UPSC Mains 2019|
|UPSC Exam Pattern||IAS Exam|
|UPSC Books||Daily News Analysis|
|UPSC Previous Year Question Papers||IAS Current Affairs|
|NCERT Notes For UPSC||Daily Video Analysis: The Hindu|