MoU between Indian Army and Axis Bank
- A Memorandum of Undertaking (MoU) was signed between the Indian Army and Axis Bank on the Defence Salary Package.
- The first MoU between Axis Bank and the Indian Army was signed in 2011 and was renewed in 2015.
- Recently, Indian Army has also signed a MoU with HDFC bank also.
- Under the current MoU, apart from other benefits, the Army personnel will get free personal accident death cover and free permanent total disability cover of Rs 30 lakh and free educational cover of up to Rs 2 Lakh for children between the age of 12 and 20 years.
65th National Film Awards
- The Feature Film Central panel was headed by Shri Shekhar Kapur, an eminent filmmaker known for his works in Hindi cinema and international cinema.
- Veteran Hindi film actor Shri Vinod Khanna was awarded the Dadasaheb Phalke Award for his contribution to Indian Cinema.
- ‘Baahubali – The Conclusion’ in the Best Popular Film providing Wholesome Entertainment category.
- Indira Gandhi Award for Best Debut Film of a Director was given to the Jasari language movie ‘Sinjar’ directed by Pampally.
- Marathi Movie ‘Dhappa’ was awarded the Nargis Dutt Award for Best Feature Film on National Integration.
- Jayaraj was awarded the Best Direction in the Feature Film category for the movie ‘Bhayanakam’ and Nagraj Manjule won the award for the Best Direction in the Non Feature Film Category.
MoU between Indian Consortium and Saudi Aramco
- An Indian Consortium consisting of IOCL, BPCL and HPCL and Saudi Aramco signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to jointly develop and build an integrated refinery and petrochemicals complex, Ratnagiri Refinery & Petrochemicals Ltd. (RRPCL) in the State of Maharashtra.
- The strategic partnership brings together crude supply, resources, technologies, experience and expertise of these multiple oil companies with an established commercial presence around the world.
- The refinery will be capable of processing 1.2 million barrels of crude oil per day (60 million metric tonnes per annum, or MMTPA).
- It will produce a range of refined petroleum products, including petrol and diesel meeting BS-VI fuel efficiency norms.
- RRPCL will rank among the world’s largest refining & petrochemicals projects and will be designed to meet India’s fast-growing fuels and petrochemicals demand.
To ace UPSC current affairs section, read more PIB articles here.