- The Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas successfully fired Derby Air-to-Air beyond Visual Range Missile to expand the firing envelope as well as to demonstrate safe operation of the aircraft during missile plume ingestion into the aircraft engine under worst case scenarios.
- LCA Tejas has been designed & developed by DRDO’s autonomous society – Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA).
- Integration of Derby, a BVR class missile is one of the major objectives of Final Operational Clearance (FOC) of LCA Tejas.
‘Adopt a Heritage’ scheme
- “Adopt a Heritage: Apni Dharohar, Apni Pehchaan”, is a collaborative effort between the Ministry of Tourism, Ministry of Culture and Archaeological Survey of India (ASI), and State/UTs Governments.
- The Project aims to develop synergy among all partners to effectively promote “responsible tourism”.
- It aims to involve public sector companies, private sector companies and corporate citizens/individuals to take up the responsibility for making our heritage and tourism more sustainable through development, operation and maintenance of world-class tourist infrastructure and amenities at ASI/ State heritage sites and other important tourist sites in India.
- The project primarily focusses on providing basic amenities that includes cleanliness, public conveniences, drinking water, ease of access for differently abled and senior citizens, standardized signage..
- Under the project a total of 31 agencies, (referred as Monument Mitras) have been approved, so far, to adopt a total of 95 Monuments/ tourist sites located across India.
- ‘The Adopt a Heritage’ is essentially a non-revenue generating project. It is part of responsible tourism where the ‘Monument Mitra’ essentially spends his CSR funds for upkeep and maintenance etc., and gets limited visibility.
The priority areas of Programme are:
- Developing basic tourism infrastructure;
- Promoting cultural and heritage value of the country to generate livelihoods in the identified regions;
- Enhancing the tourist attractiveness in a sustainable manner by developing world-class infrastructure at the heritage monument sites;
- Creating employment through active involvement of local communities;
- Harnessing tourism potential for its effects in employment generation and economic development;
- Developing sustainable tourism infrastructure and ensuring proper Operations and Maintenance therein.
To ace UPSC current affairs section, read more PIB articles here.