India – Peru Relations
- India and Peru are celebrating 55 years of diplomatic ties between the two countries.
- Peruvian Prime Minister Mr.Cesar Villanueva Bardales, leading a delegation of four ministers and senior officials is in India.
- Peru seeks production of generic medicines by Indian companies in their country and early conclusion of Free Trade Agreement.
- Peru Says India deserves Permanent membership in UNSC in line with its global role
- India and Peru signed an Agreement on Cooperation in New and Renewable Energy. Peru is a founder member of the International Solar Alliance, established with India taking the initiative.
Rashtriya Gokul Mission
- A Frozen Semen Station is being set up in Maranga,Purnea under the Rashtriya Gokul Mission with 100% contribution from the Central Government
- Currently, the artificial insemination is being done by CMOFED (Sudha) in Bihar.
- The artificial insemination techniques can increase milk production and productivity.
- The RashtriyaGokul Mission was initiated in December 2014 with an aim to conserve and develop indigenous breeds.
Web portal for promotion of Audio Visual Services in India
- The Film Facilitation Office under Ministry of I&B is in the process of establishing a dedicated web portal that will disseminate information on filming locations and the facilities available in India for production/post production.
- Accordingly, the portal will help potential production companies looking to shoot in India to obtain permissions, explore potential benefits (tangible and non-tangible) and obtain an overview of various locations in India that could benefit the storyline of the film under consideration.
- The portal will facilitate the acceptance of application for shooting feature films / TV & Web Reality shows and series and / or TV & Web shows and series in India, along with online payments and issuing permissions.
- Foreign Audio Visual Agencies intending to shoot documentary films / AV commercials in India would link to the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) Web portal.
- The portal would have a holistic database of the resources available in the Indian film industry including DOP, cast, crew, casting agents, line producers, service / facility providers as well as producers.
- Financial incentives will be provided to film makers for production of films under Audio Visual Co-production treaties other countries.
To ace UPSC current affairs section, read more PIB articles here.