Read the daily PIB update and stay up-to-date on current affairs for the UPSC exam
75th Anniversary of Formation of Azad Hind Government
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi hoisted the national flag at the Red Fort in New Delhi morning to commemorate the 75th anniversary of Azad Hind government formed by freedom fighter Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.
- On October 21, 1943, Bose had announced the formation of the country’s first independent government in Singapore.
- It was a part of a political movement originating in the 1940s outside India with the purpose of allying with the Axis powers to free India from British Rule
- It was established by Indian nationalists-in-exile during the latter part of the Second World War in Singapore with monetary, military and political assistance from Imperial Japan
- Its army, the “Azad Hind Fauj” (Indian National Army or the INA), went into action against the British Indian Army and the allied forces
NITI Lecture Series
- The ‘NITI Lectures: Transforming India’ was inaugurated by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on August 26, 2016 and since been held annually, featuring eminent speakers from across the world.
- With the vision of disseminating cutting-edge, innovative ideas in development policy to India, the NITI Lectures are attended by the Government’s top decision makers, including members of the Cabinet and senior officials across ministries and departments
- Through the lectures, NITI Aayog has been bringing policy makers, academics, experts and administrators of global repute to India.
- The aim of the series is to enable learning, both at the Centre & States, from successful development practice world over.
4th Edition of NITI Lecture Series in 2018
- The theme this year is “AI for ALL: Leveraging Artificial Intelligence for Inclusive Growth”.
To ace UPSC current affairs section, read more PIB articles here.
|NITI Aayog||Subhas Chandra Bose|