What is the full form of MBBS?
The full form of MBBS is Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. MBBS is a specialized undergraduate degree in medical and surgical medicine conferred by medical colleges and universities. Nevertheless, as the name implies, Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery are two different degrees that are combined in one area and rewarded together during practice
The course duration of the MBBS includes the internship period, which is 5 – 6 years. The students at the higher secondary school who have studied science subjects such as Chemistry, Physics, Biology and English are eligible to apply for this curriculum. It is considered among the topmost courses in the globe and the career path, upon pursuing MBBS, an individual is legally turned into a medical professional.
Eligibility criteria for MBBS degree – Who can take up MBBS?
- Students who have passed a higher secondary or Class 12 or pre-university qualification exam with the subject of Science, i.e. Chemistry, Physics, Zoology and Botany.
- Individuals should also have been studying English as the key subject for their qualifying exam.
- Besides, applicants must also follow the age restriction requirements, i.e. at the time of enrollment and they must have reached seventeen years.
- As indicated by MCI (Medical Council of India) which is an MBBS authority, there are some additional eligibility requirements.
List of other important full forms – Full forms list
Why should I take up NEET to get admitted to MBBS or BDS?
NEET now stands as the only medical entrance test conducted across the country, that must be taken up my students in order to seek admissions to undergraduate medical programmes. Hence, NEET must be cleared to pursue medicine.
List of top ten medical colleges in India
1. All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi
2. Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh
3. Christian Medical College, Vellore
4. Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow
5. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore
6. Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
7. Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
8. Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER), Puducherry
9. Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, Delhi
10. King George’s Medical University, Lucknow.
This was brief on MBBS full form. For related articles visit NEET BYJU’S.
You may be interested in: