Cellspacing Vs. Cellpadding: Explore the Difference Between Cellspacing and Cellpadding
Both Cellspacing and Cellpadding are the attributes that one can use in table formatting. They basically set those whitespaces in any given table cell. Thus, they form a significant part of a web document. Although both of them are attributes, there is a major difference between Cellpadding and Cellspacing in their functionality. We majorly use the Cellpadding for fixing the width present between a cell edge and the content that it contains. Conversely, we use Cellspacing for setting spaces between individual cells.
A user can measure the overall width of these given attributes with the use of pixels or percentages. If you need to adjust the space present between a text and the cell wall surrounding it (or the cells and the other cells within the table tag), then you can use attributes such as Cellspacing and Cellpadding.
What is Cellpadding?
- It only associates with individual (single) cells.
- Using Cellpadding, one can easily control the white space present between a cell border and the content present in it.
- It is a very effective method.
- It has a default value of 1.
- One can create Cellpadding using the tag of HTML <table>.
- Here, we set the type of attribute to cellpadding.
What is Cellspacing?
- It associates with multiple cells- not just a single one.
- Using Cellspacing, you can set the spaces between various cells.
- It is comparatively less effective than the process of cell padding.
- In this case, the spacing value by default becomes 2.
- One can easily create Cellspacing by using the tag of HTML <table>.
- Here, we set the type of attribute to cellspacing.
Difference Between Cellpadding and Cellspacing
|Purpose||Cellpadding basically defines the space present between a table cell’s border and the content present in it.||Cellspacing basically defines the space present between individual adjacent cells.|
|Process of Creation||One can create it using the tag of HTML <table>, but it sets the type attribute to cellpadding.||One can create it using the tag of HTML <table>, but it sets the type attribute to cellspacing.|
|Number of Cells||It deals with a single cell.||It gets subjected to multiple cells (more than one) at a time.|
|Default Value||The default value for cellpadding is 1.||The default value for cellspacing is 2.|
|Effectiveness||It is very effective as compared to cellspacing. Thus, it is very widely used.||It is comparatively less effective than cellpadding.|