Kerala Administrative Service (KAS) exam is a coveted examination conducted by the Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) for the post of KAS Officer (Junior Time Scale) Trainee for Stream-1, Stream-2 and Stream-3.
What is Stream-1, Stream-2 and Stream-3?
Stream-1, Stream-2 and Stream-3 are explained below:
Stream-3: The candidates who hold 1st Gazetted post or above in Departments in the schedule-1 and equivalent posts in common categories listed in Schedule-1 are part of Stream-3. The Schedule-1 list is available in the KAS notification.
Stream-2: The candidates who are full members or approved probationers in any Government Departments are part of Stream-2
Stream-1: Under Stream-1, any candidate can apply for the KAS post except for the ones who belong to Stream 2 and 3. Age limit for candidates who are part of Stream-1 is between 21-32. For more details check the KAS notification 2019.
Candidates who apply to the post of KAS Officer (Junior Time Scale ) Trainee STREAM 2 and STREAM-3 should obtain a Service Certificate from the concerned Controlling Officer. This Service Certificate is to be produced at the time of certificate verification.
The KAS exam notification for the year 2022 is awaited. Any new updates related to the Kerala PSC KAS will be made available here. You can also check the official website of Kerala Public Service Commission for recent updates.
You can check the following links to get an idea of the KAS examination, syllabus, booklist exam pattern and more.
|Kerala PSC KAS Exam Eligibility||Kerala PSC KAS Exam|
|Kerala PSC KAS Exam Preparation||Kerala PSC KAS Exam Syllabus|
How to apply for the Kerala PSC KAS examination 2023?
The Kerala PSC KAS examination is divided into 3 phases i.e. Preliminary examination, Main examination and interview. In order to apply for the KAS examination, you need to follow the steps given below.
Before applying for the post of the KAS Officer (Junior Time Scale) Trainee, candidates should register themselves through the One Time Registration portal i.e. Thulasi. One Time Registration can be done through the official website of Kerala PSC.
For One Time Registration:
- Visit the official website of Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) i.e. kerala.psc.gov.in
- Click on the ‘One Time Registration Login’ icon given on the homepage of the official website.
- A new tab with the web address thulasi.psc.kerala.gov.in/thulasi/ will open.
- If you are a registered user, then enter your User name and password. If you are not a registered user, then click on ‘New Registration’ and sign up.
- You need to fill in your personal details, educational qualification etc while registering on the OTR portal.
- You have to upload your photograph and Signature.
- Recheck all the information and then submit. Candidates are not given any chance to modify their applications, therefore, it is imperative that candidates fully comply with the instructions of the KPSC while applying for the KAS examination.
- It is important to note that the candidate must take a printout of the online application form. This can be done by clicking on the ‘Registration card’ link given in their profile.
Candidates who have already registered themselves on the OTR portal can apply for the KAS examination through their profile. They should log in using their User Id and password.
Kerala PSC KAS Examination 2023: Points to Remember
- There is no application fee for the exam.
- Candidates should apply as per the instructions mentioned in the notification and the guidelines given on the official website of Kerala Public Service Commission.
- Applications are immediately rejected if they do not comply with the instructions and guidelines laid down in the notification by the Commission.
- Candidates who possess an Aadhar card should add their Aadhar Number in their profile.
- Candidates should ensure that they have a valid e-mail ID and mobile phone. They should not change their mobile phone number and e-mail ID under any circumstances.
- Candidates should upload their recent photograph. The photograph should have the date on which it was taken and the full name of the candidate at the bottom.
- Candidates should note down their User Id carefully. This User Id is essential for any future correspondence with the Commission.
- Questions to examine the language proficiency in Malayalam/ Tamil/Kannada are included in Part II of the Paper II of the preliminary examination. Candidates should enter the required language of question in the application. No changes will be allowed in future.
- Ensure that candidates apply for the exam before the last date given in the notification.
- The candidates employed in Government service should obtain a receipt signed by the Head of Office stating that the printout page of the online application or a copy of the application has been received in the Office on or before the last date fixed for the receipt of application for the post.
- Candidates who are unable to produce the receipt may obtain a “Certificate” in the prescribed format (given in the link) from the Head of Office stating that she/he applied for the receipt on or before the last date fixed for receipt of application for the post.
- The candidates working under the Central government or any other State Government should produce NOC from the concerned Government authority.
- Candidates who have a one year tenure to retire from the Defence Force should produce a certificate and undertaking in the format given in the link in lieu of NOC.
- If the Commission conducts a Written Test/OMR Test/Online Test in connection with selection to the KAS Officer (Junior Time Scale) Trainee post, the applicants should give a confirmation through their One Time Registration profile that they will attend the test.
- The candidates who give the confirmation will be given the facility to download admission tickets for the last 15 days ending on the date of examination.
- Applications of candidates who do not give their confirmation will not be considered for the remaining selection process.
- The period within which the confirmation is to be given and the date of obtaining admission tickets will be published in the examination calendar, which will also include the details of the examination. Information in this regard will be sent to candidates through their profile and on their registered mobile number.
- Applications once submitted cannot be deleted or altered.
- Documents to prove qualification, experience, community etc. have to be produced as and when called for.
If you are preparing for other government exams, then click on Latest Notifications of Government Exams for recent updates.
KPSC KAS also stands for Karnataka Public Service Commission- Karnataka Administrative Service. If you plan to prepare for Karnataka PSC examination, then go through the links given in the table below:
Karnataka Public Service Commission – Karnataka Administrative Service
|KPSC KAS Previous Year Question Papers||KPSC KAS Exam Pattern|
|KPSC KAS Syllabus||KPSC KAS Preparation|
|KPSC KAS Recruitment||KPSC KAS Eligibility|