The Karnataka Public Service Commission (KPSC) is the apex recruiting agency for the administrative service posts in the state of Karnataka. KPSC conducts regular competitive and departmental examinations for filling the Group A, B and C vacancies in the state machinery.
The Gazetted Probationers exam or the KAS exam is held by the KPSC to recruit Group A and Group B officers in the Karnataka state bureaucracy.
The KPSC KAS recruitment process is:
- The commission releases KPSC notification which contains the eligibility criteria, number of vacancies, exam pattern, procedure for application etc.
- The tentative date for the release of KPSC KAS recruitment notification 2019 is in the first week of May.
- As of now, the KPSC KAS 2017 process is ongoing with the KAS Mains results declared in January 2019.
- The KPSC KAS exam is held in three stages – Prelims, Mains and Interview
- The application form has to be filled online before the last date for the receipt of application
- The official site of KPSC is http://www.kpsc.kar.nic.in/
Update for KPSC KAS 2020
The KPSC KAS recruitment for the year 2020 has not started yet and an official notification by the commission is awaited. Update will be made as soon as the official notification is out.
Update for KPSC KAS 2019
The KPSC KAS recruitment for the year 2019 has not started yet and an official notification by the commission is awaited. Update will be made as soon as the official notification is out.
Download KPSC KAS Mains Result PDF
Download KPSC KAS Notification PDF
Given below are the service, cadre, salary and probation period details for the various posts which are filled via the Karnataka Administrative Service (KAS) exam, officially known as the Gazetted Probationers Exam.
Group A Posts
|Service||Cadre||Monthly Salary||Probation Period|
|The Karnataka Administrative Service||KAS Group – A (Junior Scale) Assistant Commissioner||Rs. 30.400/- to Rs. 51, 300/-||2 years|
|The Karnataka Police Service||Dy. Superintendent of Police||Rs. 28,100/- to Rs. 50,100/-||2 years|
|The Karnataka General Service (Development Branch and Local Government Branch)||Executive officer/Assistant Secretary (RDPRD)||Rs. 28,100/- to Rs. 50,100/-||2 years|
|The Karnataka Treasury Service||Asst. Director/District Treasury Officer||Rs. 28,100/- to Rs. 50,100/-||2 years|
|The Karnataka General Service (Social Welfare Branch)||Dist. Social Welfare Officer||Rs. 28,100/- to Rs. 50,100/-||2 years|
|The Karnataka Commercial Tax Service||Asst. Commissioner Commercial Taxes||Rs. 28,100/- to Rs. 50,100/-||2 years|
|The Karnataka Labour Service||Asst. Labor Commissioner||Rs. 28,100/- to Rs. 50,100/-||2 years|
Check out the salary of an IAS officer in India.
Group B Posts
|Service||Cadre||Monthly Salary||Probation Period|
|The Karnataka Administrative Service||Tahsildar Grade B(Revenue Dept)||Rs. 22,800/- to Rs. 43,200/-||2 years|
|The Karnataka Commercial Tax Service||Commercial Tax Officer||Rs. 22,800/- to Rs. 43,200/-||2 years|
|The Karnataka Service for Jails Administration||Asst. Superintendent (Prison dept)||Rs. 21,600/- to Rs. 40,050/-||2 years|
|The Karnataka Excise Service||Dy. Superintendent of Excise||Rs. 21,600/- to Rs. 40,050/-||2 years|
|The Karnataka Treasury Service||Assistant Treasury Officer||Rs. 22,800/- to Rs. Rs. 43,200/-||2 years|
|The Karnataka Municipal Administrative Service||Chief Officer Grade – 1||Rs. 21,600/- to Rs. 40,500/-||2 years|
|The Karnataka Food and Civil Supplies Service||Assistant Director (Food, Civil Supplies, & Other)||Rs. 22,800/- to Rs. 43,200/-||2 years|
|The Karnataka Marketing Service||Asst Director (Agri. Marketing Department)||Rs. 22,800/- to Rs. 43,200/-||2 years|
|The Karnataka Co-operative Service||Asst Registrar of Cooperatives Societies||Rs. 22,800/- to Rs. 43,200/-||2 years|
|The Karnataka Co-operative Audit Service||Assistant Director of Cooperative Audit Dept||Rs. 22,800/- to Rs. 43,200/-||2 years|
|The Karnataka Service for Labour Administration||Labour Officer||Rs. 21,600/- to Rs. 40,050/-||2 years|
Find free study material and all KAS Preparation related information here.
The KPSC KAS Exam Centers are given below:
5. Dharwad/ Hubballi.
KPSC KAS Application Form
Candidates need to be careful while filling the online application form for KPSC KAS recruitment. Check the KPSC eligibility criteria for KAS exam.
The process of applying online for the KAS exam (Prelims) is given below:
- In the browser, navigate to the official site of KPSC
- On the home page of KPSC, click the “Apply Online- Admission Ticket” tab
- The page will contain links for all the current KPSC recruitment exams.
- Select the link for the Gazetted Probationers Exam
- A new page with separate links of KPSC KAS Notification and filling online application will open.
- Select the “Apply Online” button and read the detailed instructions for filling the KAS online application.
- Go through the instructions carefully, then click the ‘New Registration’ button and fill the online application form.
- You will be held liable for giving false information so be careful and review before submitting..
- Scanned pics of photograph and signature have to be uploaded.
- Click the “Submit” button and take a print out as a record.
The KPSC KAS Application Fee for the Gazetted Probationers exam is:
|General Merit Candidates||Rs 300/-|
Documents required for the KAS Main Exam:
After the Prelims, the selected candidates need to upload the following documents with their application for KPSC KAS Main exam:
- Aadhaar card
- All semester mark sheets (UG) and PG degree certificate (if applicable)
- SSLC marksheet for date-of-birth (DOB) verification
- Ex-military person need proper discharge documents, pension documents, oath taking documents. Death certificate is required in case of a widow of an ex-military person.
- Category certificates signed by Tehsildar.
- Income Certificate
- For Rural candidates, they have to fill the form given in the KAS notification
- For Kannada Medium candidates, they have to fill the form given in the KAS notification
- For age relaxation, a certificate from Tehsildar is needed
- For Physically Handicapped (PwD) availing the quota, fill the form given
- Hyderabad-Karnataka (H-K) region candidates have to submit proof
- Incomplete forms will be rejected (photo, signature)
- Candidates must bring one photo with them (same as the one uploaded)
- If currently employed under Karnataka govt, NOC from the department head or any competent authority is required.
Check the complete syllabus of the KAS Gazetted Probationers Exam.
For more information on KPSC KAS exam, recruitment, results etc., you can contact:
|Head office information centre||080-30574957/ 30574901/ 30575153|
|Technical branch (Mysore)||0821-2545956|
|Technical branch. (Belgaum)||0831-2475345|
|Technical branch (Gulbarga)||08472-227944|
|Technical branch (Shimoga)||08181-228099|
KPSC KAS Exam
The recruitment exam is supposed to be conducted every year, however, the commission has been under the scrutiny of lakhs of aspirants for various delays in the recent years.
In 2015, a recruitment notification was released for 401 vacancies (Group A – 150 Group B – 251) of KAS Gazetted Probationers.
The first stage of KPSC KAS recruitment process, i.e. the Preliminary Exam was conducted in August 2017.
Check the details of the KAS Exam Pattern.
In Dec 2017, the Main stage of the exam was conducted.
The results of the Main examination were declared in January 2019 and reports suggest that the interview process will begin after the UPSC Civil Service Exam Interviews get over.
KPSC KAS Gazetted Probationers Exam Result
To check the KPSC KAS Gazetted Probationers (Main) Result 2017:
- Open the KPSC official site in the browser
- On the left of the screen, click on the KPSC Gazetted Probationers (Main) Result
- Keep your admit card handy and fill in the required details.
- The result will be displayed and you can download it for provisional use
Download the KPSC KAS Mains Result 2017 here.