The Karnataka Public Service Commission (KPSC) released the KAS Recruitment details for the Gazetted Probationers (Mains) Exam 2017-18 on its official website. On 31st January, the KAS Notification 2017-18 was released. The KPSC KAS Recruitment 2022 has not started. The KAS Notification 2017-18 for the KPSC Gazetted Probationers Exam has the following details:
- KPSC KAS Posts
- Application Fees
- Application Process
- Eligibility Criteria
- Age Limit
- Exam Pattern
- Important Instructions
- Letter Samples
The Karnataka Public Service Commission (KPSC) is the apex recruiting agency for the administrative service posts in the state of Karnataka. KPSC conducts regular competitive and departmental examinations for filling the Group A, B and C vacancies in the state machinery.
KPSC KAS Notification 2017-18:- Download PDF Here
KPSC KAS 2018-19 notification, KAS Notification 2022 is not yet out. KPSC will release the details regarding the recruitment process and the number of vacancies on the official website of the commission.
KPSC KAS Recruitment Updates
The updates in the KPSC KAS recruitment process are:
- The commission has released Karnataka PSC KAS Gazetted Probationers Mains 2017-18 Notification on its official website.
- KAS Mains 2017-18 dates are released. KPSC KAS Gazetted Probationers (Mains) Examination will take place from 13th February 2021 onward.
- The KAS Result for Gazetted Probationers (Prelims) Examination is out.
- KPSC KAS Exam Date for Group A and Group B Prelims Exam has been revised. KAS Gazetted Probationers Exam (Prelims) took place on 24th August 2020. Also, on 17th August, the hall ticket for the KAS 2017-18 was released by the commission. The details of the KAS Admit Card can be checked in the linked article.
- KPSC KAS Recruitment 2020 for gazetted probationers contains 106 vacancies for Group A and Group B officers.
- KPSC KAS 2015-17 final results were declared on 23rd December 2019. Download KPSC KAS Mains Result PDF
- The KPSC KAS exam is held in three stages – Prelims, Mains and Interview
- The application form has to be filled online before the last date for the receipt of the application
KAS Gazetted Probationers Mains 2017-18 Notification Details
KAS Mains 2017-18 Recruitment Details
|KAS Mains Date||13th – 16th February 2021|
|Starting Date of Online Application||25th November 2020|
|Last Date to Apply||10th December 2020|
|Last Date to Send Self-Attested Duplicate Copy of Application||15th December 2020|
Instructions to Fill KAS Mains Application Form for Gazetted Probationers 2017-18 Exam:
- Visit the official website (https://kpsc.kar.nic.in/) and click on ‘Application for Gazetted Probationers 2017-18 (Mains Examination)’.
- Candidates have to log in using the username and password selected while applying for KAS Pre 2017-18.
- After filling the details, candidates are given options to review only after which he/she must press the ‘Submit’ button.
- Download the challan and application form copies.
- Examination fees can be paid through Net Banking, Debit Card, Credit Card or through Common Service Centres. No other medium to pay KAS Fees is allowed.
- Speed Post the duplicate self-attested copy to the commission on/before 15th December 2020.
How to Pay the KAS Application Fees (Mains Exam 2017-18)
- Candidate has to log in using, ‘My Account Link.’
- Click on ‘Pay Now.’
- Pay using net banking, credit card or debit card.
- Candidates whose fee is being rejected using the above medium can pay the challan at any common service centre (CSC).
Documents required for the KAS Main Exam:
After the Prelims, the selected candidates need to upload the following documents with their application for KPSC KAS Main exam:
- Aadhaar card
- All semester mark sheets (UG) and PG degree certificate (if applicable)
- SSLC marksheet for date-of-birth (DOB) verification
- Ex-military person needs proper discharge documents, pension documents, oath-taking documents. Death certificate is required in case of a widow of an ex-military person.
- Category certificates signed by Tehsildar.
- Income Certificate
- For Rural candidates, they have to fill the form given in the KAS notification
- For Kannada Medium candidates, they have to fill the form given in the KAS notification
- For age relaxation, a certificate from Tehsildar is needed
- For Physically Handicapped (PwD) availing the quota, fill the form given
- Hyderabad-Karnataka (H-K) region candidates have to submit proof
- Incomplete forms will be rejected (photo, signature)
- Candidates must bring one photo with them (same as the one uploaded)
- If currently employed under Karnataka govt, NOC from the department head or any competent authority is required.
KPSC KAS Mains Notification 2017-18:-Download PDF Here
Check the KAS Mains Syllabus, Exam Pattern and Preparation Tips from the links mentioned below:
|KAS Syllabus||KAS Exam Pattern|
|KAS Preparation||KAS Previous Year Question Papers|
Update for KPSC KAS 2022
The commission has released KPSC 2017-18 notification in the year 2020. The KPSC KAS recruitment for the year 2022 has not started yet and an official notification by the commission is awaited. An update will be made as soon as the official notification is out.
There are 106 vacancies that are announced for KPSC KAS Gazetted Probationer Exam 2017-18 (Prelims) that was earlier scheduled for 17th May 2020. The same was postponed due to the Covid-19 crisis. The revised date has been announced and the KAS Prelims 2017-18 took place on 24th August 2020.
KAS Vacancy 2022
The Karnataka PSC has not updated the vacancies for the Gazetted Probationers Exam 2022. The aspirants can check the KPSC Vacancy for KAS Exam 2017-18 below:
KPSC KAS Group A
KPSC KAS Group B
|Deputy Superintendent of Police – 03||Tahsildar Grade II – 50|
|Assistant Commissioner – 02||Commercial Tax Officer – 07|
|Assistant Labour Commissioner – 02||Assistant Superintendent – 06|
|–||Deputy Superintendent of Excise – 05|
|Assistant Director (Food) – 02|
|Assistant Director of Audit of Co-operative Societies – 14|
|Labour Officer – 04|
|Assistant Director (Tourism) – 11|
KAS Recruitment – Service, Cadre & Salary
Given below are the service, cadre, salary and probation period details for the various posts which are filled via the Karnataka Administrative Service (KAS) exam, officially known as the Gazetted Probationers Exam.
Group A Posts
|Service||Cadre||Monthly Salary||Probation Period|
|The Karnataka Administrative Service||KAS Group – A (Junior Scale) Assistant Commissioner||Rs. 30.400/- to Rs. 51, 300/-||2 years|
|The Karnataka Police Service||Dy. Superintendent of Police||Rs. 28,100/- to Rs. 50,100/-||2 years|
|The Karnataka General Service (Development Branch and Local Government Branch)||Executive officer/Assistant Secretary (RDPRD)||Rs. 28,100/- to Rs. 50,100/-||2 years|
|The Karnataka Treasury Service||Asst. Director/District Treasury Officer||Rs. 28,100/- to Rs. 50,100/-||2 years|
|The Karnataka General Service (Social Welfare Branch)||Dist. Social Welfare Officer||Rs. 28,100/- to Rs. 50,100/-||2 years|
|The Karnataka Commercial Tax Service||Asst. Commissioner Commercial Taxes||Rs. 28,100/- to Rs. 50,100/-||2 years|
|The Karnataka Labour Service||Asst. Labor Commissioner||Rs. 28,100/- to Rs. 50,100/-||2 years|
Check out the salary of an IAS officer in India.
Group B Posts
|Service||Cadre||Monthly Salary||Probation Period|
|The Karnataka Administrative Service||Tahsildar Grade B(Revenue Dept)||Rs. 22,800/- to Rs. 43,200/-||2 years|
|The Karnataka Commercial Tax Service||Commercial Tax Officer||Rs. 22,800/- to Rs. 43,200/-||2 years|
|The Karnataka Service for Jails Administration||Asst. Superintendent (Prison dept)||Rs. 21,600/- to Rs. 40,050/-||2 years|
|The Karnataka Excise Service||Dy. Superintendent of Excise||Rs. 21,600/- to Rs. 40,050/-||2 years|
|The Karnataka Treasury Service||Assistant Treasury Officer||Rs. 22,800/- to Rs. Rs. 43,200/-||2 years|
|The Karnataka Municipal Administrative Service||Chief Officer Grade – 1||Rs. 21,600/- to Rs. 40,500/-||2 years|
|The Karnataka Food and Civil Supplies Service||Assistant Director (Food, Civil Supplies, & Other)||Rs. 22,800/- to Rs. 43,200/-||2 years|
|The Karnataka Marketing Service||Asst Director (Agri. Marketing Department)||Rs. 22,800/- to Rs. 43,200/-||2 years|
|The Karnataka Co-operative Service||Asst Registrar of Cooperatives Societies||Rs. 22,800/- to Rs. 43,200/-||2 years|
|The Karnataka Co-operative Audit Service||Assistant Director of Cooperative Audit Dept||Rs. 22,800/- to Rs. 43,200/-||2 years|
|The Karnataka Service for Labour Administration||Labour Officer||Rs. 21,600/- to Rs. 40,050/-||2 years|
KPSC KAS Exam Centres
The KPSC exam centres where the Karnataka Administrative Services Prelims and Mains take place:
- Dharwad/ Hubballi
KPSC KAS Application Form 2022
Candidates need to be careful while filling the online application form for KPSC KAS recruitment. Check the KPSC eligibility criteria for KAS exam.
The process of applying online for the KAS exam (Prelims) is given below:
- In the browser, navigate to the official site of KPSC
- On the home page of KPSC, click the “Apply Online- Admission Ticket” tab
- The page will contain links for all the current KPSC recruitment exams.
- Select the link for the Gazetted Probationers Exam
- A new page with separate links of KPSC KAS Notification and filling online application will open.
- Select the “Apply Online” button and read the detailed instructions for filling the KAS online application.
- Go through the instructions carefully, then click the ‘New Registration’ button and fill the online application form.
- You will be held liable for giving false information so be careful and review before submitting..
- Scanned pics of photograph and signature have to be uploaded.
- Click the “Submit” button and take a print out as a record.
The KPSC KAS Application Fee for the Gazetted Probationers exam is:
|General Merit Candidates||Rs 300/-|
For more information on KPSC KAS exam, recruitment, results etc., you can contact:
|Head office information centre||080-30574957/ 30574901/ 30575153|
|Technical branch (Mysore)||0821-2545956|
|Technical branch. (Belgaum)||0831-2475345|
|Technical branch (Gulbarga)||08472-227944|
|Technical branch (Shimoga)||08181-228099|
Know the details of all important examinations of various state Public Service Commissions in the linked article.
Hey when is next upcoming date of online application?