The Kerala Administrative Service (KAS) exam is a three-tier competitive examination conducted by the Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC). KAS examination was last notified in 2019 and the exam was conducted in 2020.
Kerala PSC KAS exam 2023 notification is yet to be released. Any new updates related to the Kerala PSC KAS will be made available here. You can also check the official website of Kerala Public Service Commission (keralapsc.gov.in) for recent updates.
You can go through the following links to get an idea of the KAS examination, syllabus, booklist exam patterns and more.
|Kerala PSC KAS Exam Eligibility||Kerala PSC KAS Exam Syllabus|
|Kerala PSC KAS Exam Preparation||Kerala PSC KAS Exam Notification|
Preliminary examination, Main examination and Interview 2023-2024
The Kerala Administrative Service (KAS) examination is conducted in 3 phases. The various phases, number of papers, marks and duration of the exam are given in the table below.
|Phase(s)||Name of the Examination||Paper(s)||Marks||Duration|
|Phase 1||Preliminary Examination||Paper 1
|100 marks per paper||90 minutes per paper|
|Phase 2||Main Examination||Paper 1
|100 marks each||2 hours per paper|
|Phase 3||Interview||–||50 marks||–|
- After the preliminary examination, a provisional list comprising the names of candidates who have scored top marks in phase-1 is published.
- The number of candidates who are included in this provisional list is decided by the KPSC based on the number of vacancies available and by also including sufficient number of candidates as per rules, from the reservation communities so as to ensure their adequate representation.
- It is important for such candidates (whose names appear in the provisional list) to upload the originals of all the relevant documents to prove their age, educational qualifications, community, disability, medical certificate and other claims made in the online application form within the date mentioned by the Commission.
- The candidates whose names are included in the provisional list of preliminary examination should be available for certificate verification with their original documents at the date and place given by the KPSC.
- A list for the main examination including those candidates who have attended the Certificate verification process and proved their qualifications will be published.
- Only the candidates included in this list will be considered for the main examination.
- The applications of candidates who have not attended the verification process and not proved their qualifications and other claims within the stipulated time will be rejected. Further chances will not be provided to such candidates under any circumstances.
Probation, Training and Departmental Examination 2023-2024
- Every candidate who clears the three-tier process of the KAS examination is appointed to the KAS (Junior Time Scale) from the date on which he/she joins duty.
- The person is on probation for a total period of 2 years on duty within a continuous period of 3 years inclusive of the period of training.
- Every person who is appointed to KAS (Junior Time Scale) undergoes training for a period of 18 months.
- In order to successfully complete their probation, KAS Officer (Junior Time Scale) Trainees who have not studied Malayalam language in the matriculation level should pass a Malayalam proficiency test along with other departmental tests.
Important dates related to Kerala PSC KAS Examination 2024
|1.||KPSC KAS 2022 examination notification date||To be Announced|
|2.||Last date to apply for the KPSC KAS examination||To be Announced|
|3.||KPSC KAS Prelims exam admit card release date||To be Announced|
|4.||KPSC KAS Prelims exam date||To be Announced|
|5.||KPSC KAS Prelims exam result date||To be Announced|
|6.||KPSC KAS Main exam date||To be Announced|
|7.||KPSC KAS Main exam result date||To be Announced|
|8.||KPSC KAS Interview date||To be Announced|
|9.||KPSC KAS Final results date||To be Announced|
Important dates related to Kerala PSC KAS Examination 2019-2021
The table given below comprises all the important dates related to Kerala Public Service Commission KAS examination.
|1.||November 1, 2019||KPSC KAS examination notification was released|
|2.||December 4, 2019||Last date to apply for the KPSC KAS examination|
|3.||February 7, 2020||KPSC KAS Prelims exam admit card was released|
|4.||February 22, 2020||KPSC KAS Prelims exam was conducted|
|5.||August 26, 2020||KPSC KAS Prelims exam result was declared|
|6.||November 20 and 21, 2020
(Stream 1 and 2)
|KPSC KAS Main exam dates|
|7.||March 24, 2021||KPSC KAS Main exam result was declared|
|8.||Held between September 1 and 30, 2021||KPSC KAS Interview date|
|9.||October 8, 2021||KPSC KAS Final results were declared|
KPSC KAS also stands for Karnataka Public Service Commission- Karnataka Administrative Service. If you plan to prepare for Karnataka PSC examination, then go through the links given in the table below:
Karnataka Public Service Commission – Karnataka Administrative Service
|KPSC KAS Previous Year Question Papers||KPSC KAS Exam Pattern|
|KPSC KAS Syllabus||KPSC KAS Preparation|
|KPSC KAS Recruitment||KPSC KAS Eligibility|