Kerala PSC 2020-21 notification will be published tentatively in November/December 2020. Aspirants can refer to 2019 notification for exam related information.
Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) released its notification for Kerala Administrative Services Exam 2019 on November 1, 2019. The Kerala PSC Exam is recruiting for the posts of KAS Officer (Junior Time Scale) Trainee Stream-1, Stream-2, Stream-3.
The notification has mentioned the last date to apply for the exam to be December 4, 2019. The KPSC KAS Prelims took place on 22nd February 2020. KAS Mains to start from 20th November 2020. Kerala PSC KAS Admit Card for Mains 2019 is released on 6th November.
Aspirants should know that KPSC KAS also stands for Karnataka Public Service Commission – Karnataka Administrative Service. Aspirants looking for information on Karnataka Administrative Service may check the links given below:
|Karnataka Public Service Commission – Karnataka Administrative Service|
|KPSC KAS Recruitment|
The Kerala PSC KAS exam is conducted in three stages:
- Stage 1: Preliminary Exam – 2 papers – objective type (MCQs) – 100 Marks each
- Stage 2: Mains – 3 papers – essay/descriptive type – 100 Marks each
- Stage 3: Interview – 50 Marks each
Kerala PSC KAS Notification 2019:- Download PDF Here
Candidates may check the notification 2019 details in the table below:
|Kerala PSC KAS Notification|
|The release date of Kerala PSC 2019 Notification||01-11-2019|
|Last date to apply||04-12-2019|
|Date of Prelims||22-02-2020|
|Date of Mains||20-11-2020 onwards|
|One Time Registration (Must for candidates)||https://thulasi.psc.kerala.gov.in/thulasi/|
To be updated about the dates of Kerala PSC Prelims & Mains, candidates can keep referring to the commission’s official website.
Aspirants should also check the Kerala PSC KAS Eligibility criteria before they apply for the exam 2020-21.
Kerala PSC – Method of Appointment
The Kerala Public Service Commission has mentioned different modes of appointment for the post of KAS Officer (Junior Time Scale) Trainee Stream-1, Stream-2, Stream-3:
|Stream||Category Number||Method of Appointment|
|KAS Officer (Junior Time Scale) Trainee STREAM-1||186/2019||Direct Recruitment|
|KAS Officer (Junior Time Scale) Trainee STREAM-2||187/2019||Direct recruitment from among full members or approved probationers in any Government Departments.|
|KAS Officer (Junior Time Scale) Trainee STREAM-3||188/2019||Direct Recruitment from among candidates holding First Gazetted post or above in Departments in the schedule 1 and equivalent posts in common categories listed in Schedule 1|
The departments mentioned by the KPSC under Schedule-I and Schedule-II are given below:
Candidates should be well-prepared for the upcoming prelims examination of Kerala PSC. They can refer to Kerala PSC KAS Preparation page in the linked article to be updated the PSC books they should read.
Kerala PSC Vacancy
According to the Kerala PSC notification 2019, the following has been mentioned about the vacancy:
Kerala PSC KAS Revised Vacancy 2019:- Download PDF Here
Kerala PSC – Certificate Requirement for Different Posts
The PSC Notification 2019 has mentioned that candidates who are applying for different streams, have to submit to the commission, different certificates:
The commission has also made it compulsory for candidates to submit a medical certificate, format of which is given below:
Candidates applying for KPSC KAS Stream-2 and Stream-3 have to obtain the service certificate which they need to produce during certificate verification day:
How to apply for KPSC KAS?
The following instructions should be kept in mind while applying for the Kerala PSC:
- First, a candidate must complete their One Time Registration (OTR) through https://thulasi.psc.kerala.gov.in/thulasi/
- After OTR, visit the official website of Kerala PSC
- Log in with the required credentials – UserId and Password
- Apply for the desired posts – Stream 1, Stream 2 or Stream 3
- Submit the application (Commission has mentioned that no application fees is fixed, hence while applying the candidates have to check for the application fee on the website.)
- Download the application
- Candidates have to give a confirmation through their OTR Profile if they are going to attend the Kerala PSC Prelims exam without which their candidature will not be accepted for further process.
- Candidates bearing Aadhar Card have to provide Aadhar Number in their profile while applying
- E-Mail Id and Phone Number once registered can not be changed by the candidates hence, the commission has clearly specified that no candidate should change these under any circumstances
- A photo with a date under it has to be uploaded while applying
- Candidates have to opt for one language from Tamil/Malayalam/Kannada for Part-II of Paper-II of Prelims.
- Candidates who are currently working in a central government department have to produce a NOC.
- Candidates who have one year tenure to retire from Defence Force should produce certificate and undertaking in the format given in the link in lieu of NOC.
- Admission Tickets will be uploaded 15 days prior to the date of examination