The Railway Recruitment Board has announced the exam pattern for RRB Group D in its official notification. As per the notification the RRB Group D Exam will take place in 3 stages:
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Document Verification and Empanelling of Candidates
This article will give details about the RRB Group D Exam Pattern, which will help candidates to better understand how the exam works.
|Candidates preparing for the Government Exams can find the following like useful|
RRB Group D – Computer Based Test (CBT)
The Computer Based Test is the first stage that candidates need to pass before moving on to the next stage. The pattern of the CBT is as follows:
|RRB Group D Computer Based Test (CBT) Pattern|
|Subject||No of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General Science||25||25||90 Minutes|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||30||30||90 Minutes|
|General Awareness and Current Affairs||20||20||90 Minutes|
Points to be noted for CBT stage:
- The examination duration will be 120 Minutes for eligible PwBD candidates accompanied with Scribe.
- The section wise distribution given in the above table is only indicative and there may be some variation in the actual question paper. There will be negative marking and 1/3 marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Minimum percentage of marks for eligibility in various categories: UR-40%, EWS-40%, OBC(Non-creamy layer)-30%, SC-30%, ST-30%.
- These percentage of marks for eligibility may be relaxed by 2% for PwBD candidates in case of shortage of PwBD candidates against vacancies reserved for them.
- Where a second stage CBT is deemed necessary and held, the Railway Administration reserves the right to treat the first stage CBT as a qualifying test for the purpose of short listing a reasonable number of candidates for the second stage.
To know more in detail about the topics asked for the exam, visit the RRB Group D Syllabus page.
RRB Group D – Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
Candidates who pass the CBT will be called for the Physical Efficiency Test. The Railways reserve the right to increase/decrease this ratio as required to ensure availability of adequate/reasonable number of candidates for all the notified posts.
There are certain criteria set for male and female candidates which are set by the Railway Recruitment Board. They are as follows:
|RRB Group D Physical Efficiency Test (PET) Criteria|
|Male Candidates||Female Candidates|
RRB Group D – Document Verification
The Document Verification is the final stage of the RRB Group D Exam. The following points must be kept in mind for the following stage:
- Based on the performance of candidates in CBT subject to their qualifying in PET, candidates twice the number of vacancies will be called for Document Verification as per their merit and options.
- These additional candidates will, however, be considered for empanelment only if there is a shortfall in empanelment from the merit list or/and as a replacement against the shortfall on account of not joining recommended candidates in the working post or/and any other special requirements.
- In case of two or more candidates securing the same marks, their merit position shall be determined by age criteria i.e., an older person shall be placed at higher merit, and in case of age being same, then alphabetical order (A to Z) of the name shall be taken into account to break the tie.
- Appointment of selected candidates is subject to their passing requisite Medical Fitness Test to be conducted by the Railway Administration, final verification of educational and community certificates, and verification of antecedents/character of the candidates.
To know more about RRB exams, candidates can visit the linked article.