The following are the Features of a plateau:
- This landform has a large elevated area on its top. It has a large area on its top and steep slope on its side.
- Very often rivers or streams cut out deep valleys and gorges in a plateau region.
- Most of the minerals in the world are found in plateaus.
- Rivers falling down the edges of plateaus form waterfalls. These waterfalls provide ideal sites for generating hydel power.
- The higher parts of the plateaus even in tropical and sub-tropical regions have cool climates.
- Plateaus have large grassland areas suitable for animal-rearing especially sheep, goat and cattle