Climate change refers to long-term shifts in temperatures and weather patterns. These shifts may be natural, such as through variations in the solar cycle. Human actions are causing Earth to warm by increasing the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
The main causes of climate change include:
- Emission of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere
- Deforestation for human settlements
- Overutilization and exploitation of natural resources
- Pollution caused by human activities
- Changes in solar output which is associated with sunspot activities
- The aerosols that reach the atmosphere after volcanic eruptions