Environment and Ecology MCQ for Civil Services Prelims Examination is important for the aspirants. We have compiled a list of UPSC MCQ to give aspirants an idea about the intricacies of the IAS Prelims. In the list of UPSC MCQ, we have modelled the questions as per the UPSC prelims syllabus.
Candidates can also check the previous year UPSC Prelims Environment and Ecology Questions asked in the examination between 2013 and 2020 in the linked article.
The download link for UPSC MCQ/UPSC Quiz on environment and ecology (with answers) can be found below. To ascertain your preparation level for IAS prelims, you can refer to the sample questions in the article.
UPSC MCQ on Environment and Ecology for IAS prelims
There are two volumes of Environment & Ecology MCQs for the prelims preparation. There are 50+ questions based on the static syllabus and current affairs.
For UPSC Prelims preparation, candidates can also check similar MCQs based on various IAS subjects:
Help yourself with current affairs preparation using the following additional resources:
Environment and Ecology in UPSC prelims is often a tricky area for aspirants. Our UPSC quiz on the subject combines both static and dynamic type of questions for the exam. Check the following to get accustomed to the types of questions asked in the examination.
Also, download the notes on relevant topics mentioned in these questions, from the links provided after each question.
1. Consider the following statements with regard to Ecological succession –
- Ecological succession is the process of change in the species structure of an ecological community over time.
- Ecological succession leads to a stable, self-perpetuating community, called the seral stage.
- Secondary succession is faster than primary succession
Which of the above statements are true?
- i only
- iii only
- Both i and ii
- Both i and iii
Read about Biodiversity in the linked article.
2. The Zemu glacier which gives birth to the Teesta River is located in which of the following biosphere reserves?
- Manas Biosphere Reserve
- Kaziranga Biosphere Reserve
- Kanchenjunga Biosphere Reserve
- Nokrek Biosphere Reserve
Learn about Biosphere Reserves in India in the linked article.
3. Arrange the following greenhouse gases in decreasing order of their Global Warming Potential (GWP)
- Carbon dioxide
- Sulphur hexafluoride
- Nitrous oxide
- i ii iii iv
- iv iii i ii
- ii iii iv i
- ii I iv iii
4. The Kigali agreement was an amendment to which of the following international conventions aimed at conserving the environment?
- Montreal Protocol
- Stockholm Convention
- Bonn Convention
- Kyoto Protocol
Get the list of all important environment conventions and protocols in the linked article.
5. Which of the following global biodiversity hot spots are located in India either partly/completely?
- Eastern Himalayas
- Indo-Burma Region
- Western Ghats
- i and iii only
- ii, iii and iv
- i, iii and iv
- i, ii, iii and iv
Get to know about biodiversity hotspots in India in the linked article.
To learn more, check Environment Notes for UPSC in the linked article.
For answers to the above questions and more UPSC MCQ on Environment and Ecology for IAS prelims, you can download the UPSC MCQ – Environment and Ecology PDF.
In the links below, find all the important information about UPSC Civil Services Exam like syllabus, eligibility, previous year questions and more. For UPSC specific analysis of topics in news, follow our comprehensive daily news analysis.
|UPSC Previous Year Question Papers||Current Affairs Quiz|
|UPSC 2021||Topic Wise UPSC Prelims Questions PDF|
|UPSC Syllabus||UPSC Calendar 2021|
|IAS Eligibility||IAS Full Form|
|UPSC Books||IAS Preparation|