The first stage of the Civil Services exam is the Prelims. In IAS prelims, questions are of objective type (MCQ) which also carry negative marks for wrong answers. We have compiled a list of UPSC MCQ to give aspirants an idea about the intricacies of the IAS prelims. In the list of UPSC MCQ, we have modelled the questions as per the UPSC prelims syllabus. The UPSC MCQ will be regularly updated and more categories will be added so do keep checking regularly.
The download link for UPSC MCQ / UPSC Quiz on environment and ecology (with answers) can be found below. To ascertain your preparation level for IAS prelims, you can refer the sample questions in the article.
UPSC MCQ – Environment and Ecology
Environment and Ecology in UPSC prelims is often a tricky area for aspirants. Our UPSC quiz on the subject combines both static and dynamic type of questions for the exam.
- Consider the following statements with regard to Ecological succession –
- Ecological succession is the process of change in the species structure of an ecological community over time.
- Ecological succession leads to a stable, self-perpetuating community, called the seral stage.
- Secondary succession is faster than primary succession
- i only
- iii only
- Both i and ii
- Both i and iii.
Which of the above statements are true?
- The Zemu glacier which gives birth to the Teesta River is located in which of the following biosphere reserves?
- Manas Biosphere Reserve
- Kaziranga Biosphere Reserve
- Kanchenjunga Biosphere Reserve
- Nokrek Biosphere Reserve
- Arrange the following greenhouse gases in decreasing order of their Global Warming Potential (GWP)
- Carbon dioxide
- Sulphur hexafluoride
- Nitrous oxide
- i ii iii iv
- iv iii i ii
- ii iii iv i
- ii I iv iii
- The Kigali agreement was an amendment to which of the following international conventions aimed at conserving the environment?
- Montreal Protocol
- Stockholm Convention
- Bonn Convention
- Kyoto Protocol
- Which of the following global biodiversity hot spots are located in India either partly/completely?
- Eastern Himalayas
- Indo-Burma Region
- Western Ghats
- i and iii only
- ii, iii and iv
- i, iii and iv
- i, ii, iii and iv
For answers to the above questions and more UPSC MCQ on Environment and Ecology for IAS prelims, you can download the UPSC MCQ – Env and Eco pdf.
In the links below, check out the Prelims Test series 2019 and find all the important information about UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019 like syllabus, eligibility, previous year questions and more. For UPSC specific analysis of topics in news, follow our comprehensive daily news analysis.