Do you dream of becoming a successful engineer? Do you aspire to have a dazzling career in the field of engineering? If yes, then in order to fulfil your dreams the best way is to take the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE). It is through JEE that students can be a part of some of the best institutions in India. Besides, these institutions offer top courses in engineering. However, IIT JEE is one of the toughest entrance exams conducted all over India and the competition is also intense. If we analyze the data, every year, lakhs of students appear for the exam.
Are you a JEE aspirant, ready to crack JEE? Well, there are certain things that students or candidates need to do in order to succeed. It basically requires developing a positive mindset, along with smart work and a good amount of dedication while remaining motivated. Apart from this, it is also important for students to make use of the right study materials. As such, a number of JEE books have been introduced into the market but it is important to choose the right one. Choosing the right book for the preparation might be like choosing a pearl from the ocean but referring the right books has a lot of advantages. Good books will help students develop a complete understanding of topics rather than having a superficial knowledge.
Therefore to help students find the right study tools, this article covers a list of books that will guide them in their preparation to crack JEE successfully. Get subject-wise books below.
Best Books For JEE Advanced
- NCERT Textbooks
- Concepts of Physics Vol I and II by H.C. Verma (Highly Recommended)
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick & Walker
- Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov
- IIT Physics by D.C. Pandey
- Problems in Physics by S.S. Krotov
- NCERT Textbooks
- Organic Chemistry – O. P. Tandon
- Organic Chemistry – Peter Sykes
- Organic Chemistry – M. S. Chauhan
- Organic Chemistry – Morrison and Boyd (This book covers a lot of topics with extensive detail. Make sure you highlight what is important before you proceed if you have a time constraint)
- Physical Chemistry – O. P. Tandon
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry – J. D. Lee
- Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations – R. C. Mukherjee (for practice)
- Maths XI & XII by R.D. Sharma
- Objective Mathematics for JEE Main & Advanced and Other Engineering Entrance Examinations by R.D. Sharma
- Trigonometry & Geometry: – Plane Trigonometry Part 1 by S.L. Loney
- Co-ordinate Geometry: – Plane Co-ordinate Geometry by S.L. Loney
- Algebra: – Higher Algebra by Hall and Knight
- Calculus: – Problems in Calculus of One Variable by I.A. Maron
- Differential Calculus by A. Das Gupta.
- Course in Mathematics for IIT-JEE by Tata McGraw-Hill publications. [practice]
Difference Between JEE Main And JEE Advanced Syllabus
Apart from the books candidates should also know some important things about the JEE syllabus especially for JEE Main and JEE Advanced. There is a slight difference between the two syllabuses. JEE Advanced contains some extra topics in comparison to JEE Main. JEE Main mainly deals with topics up to the NCERT level. Meanwhile, JEE Advanced syllabus covers deep inside the topics. This makes the preparation of JEE Advanced more cumbersome. But this can be easier when done in an organized way.
Some Useful Tips For JEE Exam
For better preparation, the following tips along with a thorough understanding of the books given above will help you tackle JEE Advanced quite easily;
- Make proper notes while studying these books as it will prevent you from again reading the topics which are not that important.
- After finishing every topic make it a point to solve MCQ’s on it as it will give you an idea of your understanding of the topic.
- Take a lot of mock tests and solve a lot of sample papers and previous year’s papers. This will help you boost your self-confidence and prepare yourself for the upcoming examination.
Remember that success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out. So, if want to crack JEE Advanced make sure to fulfil each day’s worth by completing the small targets you set for yourself every day. Follow the above-mentioned books for JEE Advanced preparation. Once you go through the concepts and practice questions from these books you will have a grip on the topics. You will start scoring high as well.
Keep visiting BYJU’S to know everything about JEE exams including JEE Advanced preparation, syllabus, exam pattern, cutoffs, etc. For more effective ways of preparing for the JEE download BYJU’S – The Learning App.