Do you dream of becoming a successful engineer? Do you aspire to have a dazzling career in the field of engineering? If yes, then in order to fulfill your dreams the best way is to take the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE). It is through JEE that students who wish to be a part of one of the best institutions offering courses in engineering can make their dreams come true. One of the toughest entrance exams conducted all over India, JEE offers much more than just an engineering degree.
Are you a JEE aspirant, ready to crack JEE 2017? Every year, the number of candidates taking JEE is huge. In the year 2016, 1.3 million candidates took JEE. With the increase in the number of JEE aspirants, a number of JEE books have been introduced into the market. Choosing the right book for the preparation is like choosing a pearl from the ocean. You would have heard the saying, “Jack of all trades is master of none”. In the quest of choosing the right books, candidates often find themselves struggling with different books thereby confusing them resulting in failure, despite their rigorous hard work and sincerity.
There is a slight difference between JEE Main and JEE Advanced syllabus. JEE Advanced contains some extra topics in comparison to JEE Main. JEE Main mainly deals with topics up to the NCERT level. Meanwhile, JEE Advanced syllabus covers deep inside the topics. This makes the preparation of JEE Advanced more cumbersome. But this can be easier when done in an organized way.
For any competitive exam, it is more important to have a complete understanding of topics rather than having a superficial knowledge. This can happen only if the students choose the right books. To ease this dilemma of choosing appropriate books, given below is a stepwise approach that will aid students in this process. This article covers the name of books that will guide you in your preparation to crack JEE 2017 successfully. In the upcoming discussion, we will be dealing with subject-wise books which will help you in getting through JEE.
- NCERT Textbooks
- Concepts of Physics Vol I and II by H.C. Verma (Highly Recommended)
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick & Walker
- Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov
- IIT Physics by D.C. Pandey
- Problems in Physics by S.S. Krotov
- NCERT Textbooks
- Organic Chemistry – O. P. Tandon
- Organic Chemistry – Peter Sykes
- Organic Chemistry – M. S. Chauhan
- Organic Chemistry – Morrison and Boyd (This book covers a lot of topics with extensive detail. Make sure you highlight what is important before you proceed if you have a time constraint)
- Physical Chemistry – O. P. Tandon
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry – J. D. Lee
- Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations – R. C. Mukherjee (for practice)
- Maths XI & XII by R.D. Sharma
- Objective Mathematics for JEE Main & Advanced and Other Engineering Entrance Examinations by R.D. Sharma
- Trigonometry & Geometry: – Plane Trigonometry Part 1 by S.L. Loney
- Co-ordinate Geometry: – Plane Co-ordinate Geometry by S.L. Loney
- Algebra: – Higher Algebra by Hall and Knight
- Calculus: – Problems in Calculus of One Variable by I.A. Maron
- Differential Calculus by A. Das Gupta.
- Course in Mathematics for IIT-JEE by Tata McGraw-Hill publications. [practice]
For a better preparation, the following tips along with thorough understanding of the books given above will help you tackle JEE Advanced 2017 quite easily;
- Make proper notes while studying these books as it will prevent you from again reading the topics which are not that important.
- After finishing every topic make it a point to solve MCQ’s on it as it will give you an idea of your understanding of the topic.
- Take a lot of mock tests and solve a lot of sample papers and previous year’s papers. This will help you boost your self-confidence and prepare yourself for the upcoming examination.
Remember that success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out. So, if want to crack JEE Advanced 2017 make sure to fulfill each day’s worth by completing the small targets you set for yourself every day. Follow the above-mentioned books for JEE Advanced preparation. Once you go through the concepts and practice questions from these books you will have a grip on the topics. You will start scoring high as well.
For any queries related to JEE 2017 please send your doubts at firstname.lastname@example.org and our mentors will get back to you as soon as possible. For more effective ways of preparing for the JEE download Byju’s- The Learning App.