JEE is one of the most glorified examinations in India. Every student tries his/her level best to come up with the best results in this examination. This examination is mainly divided into two stages viz. JEE Main and JEE Advanced. JEE Main is conducted in two different modes namely, online and offline mode. The online mode of exam is a computer-based test (CBT) in which your questions will appear on the screen with multiple answers. You can select the correct option with a click of your mouse button. The offline mode is a traditional way of assessment which includes the use of pen and paper.
Most often, the aspiring candidates get confused while choosing the mode of examination for them. If you are planning to take the JEE Main 2017 and wondering which is the most suitable mode to appear for the exam, we will acquaint you with the merits and demerits of both the exam modes.
JEE Main – Online
- Applicants can choose the date and timing of the test according to the slots available based on their convenience.
- Online mode offers candidates to change their answer at any point of time during the test whereas; in offline mode, the option to change your answer is not available once you have marked it on the OMR sheet.
- CBSE has released some of the Online Practice Sheets for the candidates to practice the JEE Main exam. The online mock test benefits the candidates who wish to appear for online exam for the first time.
- You can also save upto Rs. 500 in exam fees compared to Pen/Paper mode.
- If you are not familiar with the computer based exam, then it might prove to be difficult to read the questions from your computer screen.
- A minor technical glitch or connectivity issue may bring the exam to a halt.
- The questions appear one after the other on the computer screen which does not allow you to see the entire questions at once.
JEE Main Offline
- Since from childhood you have a habit of writing exams with pen & paper, therefore it would be unwise to deviate from your conventional method of writing exams.
- You get to see all the questions at a glance which gives you a psychological advantage of attempting questions which seem relatively easier.
- No pressure of technical issues, you don’t have to worry about the connectivity or hardware malfunctioning.
- The cost of application is more.
- An option once marked on the OMR sheet cannot be altered.
Whether you take the exam in online mode or offline mode, the ultimate thing that matters is your performance during those three hours duration. We at Byju’s have been constantly striving to condition students for competitive exams like these by presenting the concepts in way that students can grasp easily. The adaptive component, interactive videos and mentorship program are proving to be very beneficial for the aspiring candidates across the country. The mentorship program offers students opportunity to book an online session as per their convenience and get their concepts cleared via an online live video lecture from the best experts in the field.