The Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education (JKBOSE) was established in 1975. It is responsible for prescribing the syllabus and conducting the exams for Class 12 in the state. The board comes under the direct purview of the state government. The Jammu and Kashmir Board Class 12 is the final year of secondary education in the state and successful students are eligible to pursue higher education from universities and colleges that recognize the state board.
Table of Contents
- Latest Notifications
- About the JKBOSE 12th Board
- JKBOSE 12th Board Exam Resources
- JKBOSE 12th Results Year-wise Comparison
In this article, we have provided an overview of the Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education (JKBOSE) 12th Board, details pertaining to the board and its exam, as well as links to access the study materials to prepare for the J&K Board Class 12 exams.
- The JKBOSE has released the Date-sheet for the Class 12 Examination. 2022.
- JKBOSE Class 12 Results for Kashmir Division has been released on the Official Website.
- The JKBOSE has extended the last date for Submission of Application forms pertaining to National Means cum Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS) 2021-22 till 10th February, 2022.
About the JKBOSE 12th Board
Due to extreme weather conditions, the state is divided into two zones – Jammu (summer zone) and Kashmir (winter zone). The zones have separate academic years and exams are held during October or November in the winter zone and during February or March in the summer zone. The syllabus, question paper pattern and other academic aspects, however, remains the same for both the zones.
The Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education places high emphasis on the application aspects of the topics covered in the syllabus. Therefore, the annual exams have both theory and practicals with 70 and 30 marks allocated respectively. Students give extra importance to marks scored in Class 12 when compared with other classes as the marks scored in these exams are considered as the eligibility criteria for admission to professional courses such as engineering and medicine. To score well, students can refer to the JKBOSE 12th Board Class 12 Syllabus and prepare for their upcoming examinations.
Functions of the JKBOSE 12th Board
Roles and Responsibilities of the JKBOSE 12th Board includes:
- To conduct exams for Class 11 and 12 for J&K Board affiliated schools
- To publish textbooks for Classes 11 and 12
- To prescribe courses for Classes 11 and 12
- To maintain and regulate the level of education in J&K Board affiliated schools.
JKBOSE 12th Board Exam Resources
In the meantime, find below in this table the links to access the JKBOSE Classes 11 and 12 Exam study materials and resources for the students to prepare more effectively for the exams and ace it.
JKBOSE 12th Board Class 11 Exam Resources
|JKBOSE Class 11 Syllabus|
|Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education Class 11 Textbooks|
|Class 11 Previous Year Question Papers JKBOSE|
|JKBOSE Date Sheet|
|JKBOSE Exam Blueprint|
JKBOSE 12th Board Class 12 Exam Resources
|JKBOSE 12th Board Class 12 Syllabus|
|JKBOSE 12th Board Class 12 Textbooks|
|JKBOSE 12th Board Class 12 Previous Year Question Papers|
|JKBOSE 12th Board Class 12 Sample Question Papers|
|JKBOSE Class 12 Results|
|JKBOSE Date Sheet|
|JKBOSE Exam Blueprint|
Preparing for JKBOSE 12th Board
The preparations for Class 12 exams of the state board begin much earlier than other classes given their importance. Students usually begin their preparations by collecting the resources and study materials such as syllabus, textbooks, model question papers and question papers from previous years, and marking scheme of each of the subjects.
For Science and Maths subjects, understanding the marking scheme is particularly useful as students will be able to know the marks allocated to each of the topics under various subjects. Furthermore, they will also know the number of objective type questions, short answer type questions, and long answer type questions for each subject. It also gives a breakup of the number of each type of questions that are chosen from each topic.
JKBOSE 12th Results Year-wise Comparison
- Total Number of Students: The average number of students appearing for the JKBOSE 12th exams has been around 40-50 thousand. The numbers decreased in the year 2020, when 33,779 students appeared for their Class 12 JKBOSE Exams. The numbers increased in 2021, when 45,306 students appeared in their JKBOSE 12th Board Exams. In 2022, 72,180 students appeared for their JKBOSE 12th exams. Here is a comparison of the number of students appearing for the JKBOSE 12th exams over the last few years.
|Year||Number of Students Appeared|
- Overall Passing Percent: The performance of students in JKBOSE 12th exams has been nearly consistent. In 2016, 75.46% of the students had passed, and this percentage decreased in 2017, with 61.44% of the students passing. The percentage decreased further in 2019 when 51.77% of the students passed. However, in 2021, 75% of the students appearing for the JKBOSE 12th exams had successfully qualified. In 2022, 75% of the students passed their JKBOSE 12th Board Exams. The girls have been consistently performing better than the boys. Below is a comparison of the passing percentage of the students year-wise.
|Year||Overall Pass Percentage||Boys Pass Percentage||Girls Pass Percentage|
Keep visiting BYJU’s to know more about the Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education and to get the latest information and study materials for Classes 6 – 12.