Secondary Education in Madhya Pradesh state consists of four years from Class 9 to Class 12. Successful candidates are awarded a Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC). Started in the year 1965, the MP Board of Secondary Education designs the courses, sets the syllabus, and conducts the exams for Class 12 in addition to granting affiliations to educational institutes in the state. It works under the auspices of the state government. The board also runs model schools across the state and supports other institutions under its purview by providing direction and leadership.
Table of Contents
- Latest Updates
- About the MPBSE 12th Board Examination
- Overview of the MPBSE 12th Board 2023
- MPBSE 12th Board Exam Resources
- MPBSE 12th Board Result Analysis
For the students who are preparing for the Class 12 exams, we have compiled in this article the best study materials. Students can just click on the provided links to access the resources such as the updated MP Board Blueprint. Meanwhile, the resources that we have also provided below in this article, include the links to get the Class 12 MP Board exam materials such as the MP 12th Board Syllabus, textbooks, previous year papers and the MP 12th Board Sample Papers.
- MPBSE has released the results for Class 12 board exams 2023.
About the MPBSE 12th Board Examination
The MP 12th Board Exams are held by the Madhya Pradesh Board of Secondary Education (MPBSE) in the month of March. MP Board 12th is a very crucial year for the students as it determines their decision to continue with higher studies aiming for a good career.
HSSC or Higher Secondary School Certificate Exams in Madhya Pradesh are usually attended by over 11 lakh students, and is the first board exam that they appear for. The Madhya Pradesh Board of Secondary Education (MPBSE) released the Class 12th Board Examination results for 2023 on 25th May 2023. To know more about the dates, check the MP Board Date-Sheet.
The exams for MP Board 12th usually happen in the month of March and go on for about four weeks. Most Science subjects have separate theory and viva or practical MP board Pariksha with 70% and 30% weightage respectively. The board places high emphasis on preparing the students for higher studies and as a result, the question papers of MP Board 12th are designed to test the conceptual understanding of the subjects.
Here we have compiled some resources and study materials which will help students to study well and ace the MP Board 12th exam.
Functions of the MPBSE 12th Board
The MPBSE 12th Board performs the following activities:
- Organising the Exams for Classes 11-12.
- Formulating the syllabus of the respective grades, keeping in view the SCERT norms.
- Designing the curriculum for the Academic Years in accordance with the prevailing conditions.
- Ensuring smooth running of the sessions.
Just like in other parts of the country, MP Board 12th class exams are considered to be extremely important in shaping the career of the students. As the marks scored in these exams form the sole factor in determining admission to various professional courses including Engineering and Medicine. Students approach these exams with heightened interest and rigour.
Overview of the MPBSE 12th Board 2023
|Exam Name||MPBSE HSSC Exam 2023|
|Conducted by||Madhya Pradesh Board of Secondary Education
|Exam Dates||02.03.2023 – 01.04.2023|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Number of Students||6-7 lakhs|
|Tentative Result Date||25th May, 2023|
Candidates who have appeared for the HSC Exam can check their scores on the official website, as soon as it gets released. Also, find a step-by-step guide to check the Madhya Pradesh State Education Board official website for Results at MP Board Class 12 Results page.
In this article we have provided all the MBSE 12th Board resources and study materials from the syllabus to the textbooks and previous year papers.
MPBSE 12th Board Exam Resources
We offer the following material for the MPBSE 12th Board, crucial for examinations for the current academic year. Students can download these resources and start preparing for the MPBSE12th Board.
Practice and Preparations for Class 12 MP Board Exams
Students of Class 12 begin their preparations early, and it usually starts with obtaining and understanding of the syllabus. The next step is to acquire various resources such as prescribed textbooks, additional reference materials, question papers from previous exams, and marking scheme of every subject.
At BYJU’S, we strive to make it easier for the MP Board 12th students and provide all of these resources in addition to practice question papers and timetables.
Planning and Strategy
Understanding the marking scheme forms the crux of planning and strategizing for the crucial Class 12 exams. A thorough analysis of marks allocation to each of the topics and the distribution of objective, short-answer, essay type questions, enables the students to optimise their time and energy.
Since most Science subjects have viva or practical exams, students pay extra attention to the topics that involve the experiments and the complex calculations that come with it.
MPBSE 12th Board Result Analysis
MPBSE HSC Year-wise Comparison
- Total Number of Students: The average number of students appearing for the MPBSE Class 12 Exams has been roughly ranging in between 5 lakhs – 8 lakhs. The numbers showed a remarkable decrease in the year 2017, when 5,39,085 students appeared for their Class 12 MP Board Exams. The number has been increasing after that gradually with 7,27,044 students appearing for the Class 12 board exams in 2023. Here is a comparison of the number of students appearing for the Class 12 Exams over the last few years.
|Year||Number of Students Appeared|
- Overall Passing Percent: The performance of students in Class 12 MPBSE has been around 70%. In 2019, the percentage increased to 72.37% , and this percentage decreased in 2020, where 68.81% of the students passed. In 2023, the overall pass percentage came to lower percentage of 55.28%. Below is a comparison of the passing percentage of the students year-wise.
|Year||Overall Pass Percentage||Boys Pass Percentage||Girls Pass Percentage|