In pre-medical examinations, Biology, is one of the maximum score holding subject, can promise one certain rank if they have been well equipped for NEET 2020. Many of the questions asked from Biology are founded on elementary concepts of NCERT. As both botany and zoology carry equal marks, identical attention is to be paid on the preparation of both.
NEET 2020 – Biology Important Areas And Their Weight-age
From the evaluation and analysis of previous trends, it has been put forward that the level of difficulty for biology has been amplified in current years because of increasing rivalry. The areas carrying decent weight age are – the Human Physiology, Plant Physiology, Cell Biology, Molecular Basis of Inheritance, Ecology, Biomolecules, and Biotechnology.
|Class 11||Chapter||Expected number of questions|
|Morphology of flowering plants||5|
|Anatomy of flowering plants||2|
|Cell- The unit of life||3|
|Cell cycle and cell division||1|
|Phototsynthesis in Higher Plants||8|
|Structural organization in animals||2|
|Excretory products and their elimination||18|
|Class 12||Chapter||Expected number of questions|
|Reproduction in organisms||1|
|Sexual reproduction in flowering plants||4|
|Principles of Inheritance and variance||5|
|Molecular basis of inheritance||5|
|Microbes in human welfare||2|
|Strategies for enhancement in food production||1|
|Organisms and population||2|
|Biodiversity and conservation||2|
|Human health and disease||2|
|Biotechnology principles and process||2|
|Biotechnology and its application||2|
Biology Preparation Assistance
- Study the topic an evening before learning it in the classroom. Agreed that it’s difficult as it requires time and can often be boring too, but this tip is well-tried and it helps!
- With the intention of achieving a good level of groundwork, you must hang onto reading your biology curriculum on a daily basis.
- Be sure of studying with the help of NCERT Books For NEET. As many questions are based on diagrams do a run-through of the diagrams of NCERT.
- Crack all the samples given in NCERT. In pre-medical examinations, some complex questions are asked in which the connotation and theory of the problem are altered by swapping few of the words.
- The scholar should be acquainted with the weight-age assigned to all the chapters so that he/she can study in view of that. The chapters with high weight-age should be devoted more time.
- The topics having good weight-age are – Plant Diversity, Genetics and biotechnology, Ecology, Plant physiology, Plant reproduction, Cell Biology and cell division, Animal diversity, the Human Physiology, Human reproduction and reproductive health, Origin and evolution. So, students must focus on these chapters more. Other chapters should not be ignored to get a decent NEET score.
- Topics like Plantae and Animalia are slightly confusing. Phylum non-chordata and class levels upto chordate also require regular exercise and review.
- To highlight important points in your notebooks, use markers.
- Attempt to crack as many online exams as possible because this will aid you to keep a track of your time properly.
- Keep your study table clean and consume a lot of water.
- Get adequate sleep
Watch this space at BYJU’S for latest on NEET 2020 along with syllabus, preparation tips, study material, sample papers, application process and much more.