Biology is one of the most important subjects for NEET. Many of the questions asked from Biology are founded on elementary concepts of NCERT. As both botany and zoology carry equal marks, both must be prioritized.
NEET 2021 – Biology Important Areas And Their Weight-age
From the evaluation and analysis of previous trends, it has been put forward that the level of difficulty for biology has been amplified in current years because of increasing competition. The areas carrying decent weightage are – the Human Physiology, Cell Biology, Plant Physiology, Molecular Basis of Inheritance, Biomolecules, Ecology, and Biotechnology.
|Class 11||Chapter||Expected number of questions|
|Morphology of flowering plants||5|
|Anatomy of flowering plants||2|
|Cell- The unit of life||3|
|Cell cycle and cell division||1|
|Phototsynthesis in Higher Plants||8|
|Structural organization in animals||2|
|Excretory products and their elimination||18|
|Class 12||Chapter||Expected number of questions|
|Reproduction in organisms||1|
|Sexual reproduction in flowering plants||4|
|Principles of Inheritance and variance||5|
|Molecular basis of inheritance||5|
|Microbes in human welfare||2|
|Strategies for enhancement in food production||1|
|Organisms and population||2|
|Biodiversity and conservation||2|
|Human health and disease||2|
|Biotechnology principles and process||2|
|Biotechnology and its application||2|
Biology Preparation Assistance
- Brush through the topic before learning it in the classroom.
- With the intention of achieving a good level of groundwork, you must continue reading your biology curriculum on a daily basis.
- Be sure of learning from NCERT Books For NEET. As many questions are diagram-based, do a run-through of the diagrams of NCERT.
- Crack all the samples given in NCERT. In pre-medical examinations, some complex questions appear in which the connotation and theory of the problem are altered by swapping few of the words.
- The candidate should be acquainted with the weightage assigned to all the units so that he/she can study in view of that. The chapters with high weightage should be devoted more time.
- The topics having good weightage are – Plant Diversity, Genetics and biotechnology, Ecology, Plant reproduction, Plant physiology, Cell Biology and cell division, Animal diversity, the Human Physiology, Human reproduction and reproductive health, Origin and evolution. Prioritize these. However, other chapters should not be ignored to get a decent NEET score.
- Topics like Plantae and Animalia are slightly confusing. Phylum non-chordata and class levels upto chordate also require regular exercise and review.
- To emphasize important points, use markers.
- Attempt to crack online exams because this will aid you to keep track of your time.
- Consume a lot of water.
- Get adequate sleep
Register at BYJU’S for latest on NEET along with syllabus, preparation tips, study material, sample papers, application process and much more.
|Recommended NEET Sample Papers 2021|
|Sample Paper 1||Sample Paper 2||Sample Paper 3||Sample Paper 4|
|Question Paper||Question Paper||Question Paper||Question Paper|
|Answer Key and Solutions||Answer Key and Solutions||Answer Key and Solutions||Answer Key and Solutions|