Chemistry Breakdown – NEET 2020
All individuals who are hoping to be a doctor/dentist; this is your chance to translate your aspirations into reality by an organized approach, making the finest use of one’s approach and channelising your energy, and knowledge in a premeditated manner. Application form for NEET 2020 has been released by the NTA for students to download and apply.
Chemistry requires constant and equivalent practice as a subject in The National Entrance cum Eligibility Test (NEET) when equated with the other two subject areas i.e. Biology and Physics. The paper contains 180 questions and has a duration of three hours. As far as the syllabus is concerned, as shown by the image, it comprises of topics covered in CBSE Class 11 and CBSE Class 12. Yet, to score in the Chemistry section one needs to abide by some essential advice and trickeries.
Enumerated below are some pointers, which would assist you during the course of your groundwork i.e., preparation of the Chemistry subject for NEET 2020:
- It is extremely essential to comprehend all the topics and their rudimentary concepts; therefore you must read and learn the NCERT books.
- Initially begin with Chemistry’s Physical Section, devote time in solved examples section and memorize all the formulae. As soon as the theories are clear, attempt to apply these theories and procedures by answering maximum MCQs. If you get trapped somewhere, take the assistance of your tutor (Or from BYJU’S mentors!) and again try related problems. Always remember that these exercises will benefit you greatly, so attempt to try a minimum of 50 problems in one go.
- Inorganic chemistry is less about concepts and more about facts. One can take the benefit of their memorizing capabilities in this segment. Before beginning the section, practice the previous year problems in advance and evaluate the segment from where the highest number of problems have been asked. After that, make a formula visual aid (chart etc.) of key minerals and chemicals and keep revising it every single day. Some areas such as P-Block Elements and Coordination chemistry are significant, thus try to crack their problems repeatedly.
- Organic chemistry is extremely challenging as one must have lucidity about the theories and concepts. Firstly begin with NCERT textbooks, to give yourself an edge; study a bit extra by referring to other appropriate books also. As soon as your concepts are strong, begin by doing MCQs on easy concepts and then attempt harder problems, as topics are intertwined which may appear confusing, but never lose your heart and keep going on with sturdy resolve and time will be yours.
- Chemistry as a subject is not excessively challenging, but in fact very scoring.
- Practising sample question papers will give one an understanding into recognizing the frequently asked and important problems.
- When answering the problems, try to finish it at a specified time.
- Individuals can prepare formula by creating visual aids of these topics and keep revising them as they are quite helpful in objective exams. The daily practice, optimistic attitude, diligence, coming up with answers to problems and reinforcing your feeble areas will aid you in attaining your goal.
Watch this space to get the latest updates on NEET 2020 and much more.