NEET 2020 Cut-off

Along with the result declaration of NEET 2020, the NTA (National Testing Agency) has released the NEET 2020 cut off on 16th October 2020. NEET Cut off is specified for different categories as it is different for each category. In order to qualify the test successfully, aspirants must secure the minimum cut off score in their respective categories.

NEET aspirants for all medical programmes such as MBBS, BDS Ayush courses must obtain the NEET 2020 percentile. NEET 2020 cut off percentile for general category is 50th, while for other categories it is 40th. For students to advance towards the counselling rounds, NEET Cut off score must be cleared.

Some Important events and corresponding dates

Listed below are some important events pertaining to NEET 2020 result declaration and cut-off scores for medical courses.

Event

Corresponding date

NEET Exam date 2020

13th September 2020

NEET 2020 Phase 2

14th October 2020

NEET 2020 Result Declaration

16th October 2020

NEET 2020 Cut-off scores release date

16th October 2020

NEET 2020 Counselling

Soon to be announced

NEET 2020 Cut-off – Marks and Percentile

Candidates can refer to this table and check for NEET 2020 cut off scores and percentile specified for each category for MBBS and BDS courses. The NEET cut-off 2020 was released on 16th October 2020. Clearing the NEET cut-off thereby securing minimum qualifying marks is mandatory to qualify NEET 2020.

NEET Cut-off Score & Percentile 2020

Category

NEET 2020 Cut-off scores

NEET 2020 Cut-off percentile

Count of Qualified Candidates

General/UR

720 – 147

50th

6,82,406

OBC/SC/ST

146 – 113

40th

88,674

General-PH

146 – 129

45th

99

OBC/SC/ST-PH

128 – 113

40th

321

A total of 7,71,500 candidates out of 15.97 lakh registered candidates have qualified the NEET 2020 conducted on 13th September 2020 and 14th October 2020 (Phase 2).

The NEET cut-off for MBBS and BDS courses will be used to shortlist candidates from various categories for admissions to a range of medical courses offered in private and government medical colleges.

The conducting body, the MCC (Medical Counselling Committee) prepares the NEET Merit list on the basis of this minimum qualifying criterion for students to seek admissions through the AIQ (15%), in ESIC, AFMC, deemed/central universities. The remaining 85% seats are through the counselling carried out by respective state counselling officials. The state-wise cut-off for NEET shall be used to seek admissions through this quota.

Also see: In NEET What Is The Difference Between Qualifying Marks And Cut Off

How Are NEET 2020 cut-off marks decided for MBBS/BDS courses?

There are a few criteria deciding the NEET cut-off for admissions to various courses, they are:

  • Total number of candidates appearing at NEET 2020
  • Total number of seats available
  • The difficulty level of NEET 2020 Question paper
  • Marking scheme and cut-off of NEET from previous trends
  • Governments’ reservation policy (category-wise)

NEET Cut-off 2020 – Scores & Percentile

NEET cut-off percentile is the minimum qualifying score for NEET 2020, enabling a metric to compare the scores of candidates. The NEET Cut-off 2020 percentile is based on the highest marks secured in the merit list in order for students to seek admissions to medical courses. This percentile is different for different categories such as General, OBC, SC, ST, etc.

Hence, in order for students belonging to the general category to qualify, a minimum of 50th percentile must be secured.

NEET 2020 Cut-off percentile – Calculation

In a group, the percentile rank is the percentage of marks falling below a specified score. A particular formula is used by the conducting officials to arrive at the minimum qualifying marks for NEET 2020. The formula is:

Percentile rank =

(No. of appeared candidates with scores less than or equal to candidates * 100) ÷ Total number of appearing candidates

NEET 2020 Cut-off – Admissions to Seats

NEET 2020 results collectively were declared on 16th October 2020 for NEET conducted on 13th September and on 14th October (Phase 2). Additionally, the NEET 2020 cut-off declared was also announced for each category along with the results. This cut-off will be the deciding factor for admissions of students to medical programmes seeking seats through the following quota/institutes:

  • State quota seats – 85%
  • AIQ (All India Quota) seats – 15%
  • AFMC, ESIC
  • Central/deemed universities and private institutes

You just read about NEET 2020 Cut-off. Stay connected with us at NEET BYJU’S for more on NEET.

See more:

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *