Institute of Banking Personnel Selection(IBPS) conducts IBPS Clerk Exam every year to recruit clerical cadres in multiple banks all over the country. A candidate, who aspires to join any of the Participating Banks as a Clerk or in a similar post in that cadre, is required to register for the Common Recruitment Process (CRP Clerks -XI).
IBPS exams are an excellent opportunity for aspirants trying to get into the banking sector in India. Candidates intending to apply for CRP Clerks-XI should ensure that they fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria specified by IBPS. The qualifications required for the IBPS clerk are majorly based on the candidate’s nationality, age, educational Qualification. In this article, IBPS clerk exam Qualifications are given in detail.
For more details on IBPS Clerk Exam, refer to the linked article.
IBPS Clerk Educational Qualification
Candidates intending to apply for the IBPS clerk exam must possess:
- A degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a University recognized by the GoI or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
- The candidate must possess a valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate that he/ she is a graduate on the day he/she registers and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online
- Computer Literacy: Operating and working knowledge in computer systems is mandatory, i.e. candidates should have a Certificate/Diploma/Degree in computer operations/Language/ should have studied Computer / Information Technology as one of the subjects in the High School/College/Institute.
- Proficiency in the Official Language of the State/UT (candidates should know how to read/ write and speak the Official Language of the State/UT) for which vacancies a candidate wishes to apply is preferable.
- Ex-Servicemen who do not possess the above civil examination qualifications should be matriculated.
- Ex-Servicemen who have obtained the Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in the Navy or Air Force after having completed not less than 15 years of service in the Armed Forces of the Union as on 27.10.2022. Such certificates should be dated on or before 27.10.2022.
IBPS Clerk Qualification based on Nationality / Citizenship
A candidate applying for the IBPS clerk exam must be either –
- a Citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
IBPS Clerk Qualification based on Age Limit
The minimum age required to apply for the IBPS clerk exam is 20 years, and the maximum age is 28 years.
|Note – For IBPS Clerk Vacancies of 2023-24, a candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.07.1994 and not later than 01.07.2002 (both dates inclusive).
The notification also mentions upper age limits for different categories, as mentioned below in the table.
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)
|Persons With Disabilities
|Ex-Servicemen / Disabled Ex-Servicemen
|Actual period of service rendered in the defence forces + 3 years (8 years for Disabled Ex-servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years
|Widows, divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried
|Age concession up to the age of 35 years for General/EWS, 38 years for OBC and 40 years for SC/ST candidates.
|Persons affected by 1984 riots
Candidates have to produce the relevant original documents and a photocopy in support of their identity and eligibility -pertaining to category, nationality, age, educational qualifications etc. as mentioned in the online application form at the time of joining and any subsequent stage of the recruitment process as required by IBPS/ Participating Banks.
List of Participating Banks
|Bank of Baroda
|Indian Overseas Bank
|Bank of India
|Central Bank of India
|Punjab National Bank
|Union Bank of India
|Bank of Maharashtra
|Punjab & Sind Bank
Candidates are advised to regularly check the linked article for more details and updates about bank exams.
FAQ about IBPS Clerk Qualification
Can 12th pass apply for IBPS clerk?
Is graduation required for IBPS clerk?
How many attempts in IBPS clerk exam?
How many attempts in IBPS clerk exam?
|IBPS Clerk Eligibility
|IBPS Clerk Vacancy
|IBPS Clerk Age Limit
|IBPS Clerk Syllabus
|IBPS Clerk Cut Off
|IBPS Clerk Exam Fees
|IBPS Clerk Exam Date
|IBPS Clerk Exam Centres