IBPS Clerk Exam is conducted every year by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection to recruit clerical cadres in multiple banks all over the country. Any eligible candidate, who aspires to join any of the Participating Banks as a Clerk or in a similar post in that cadre, is required to register for the Common Recruitment Process (CRP Clerks -XI).
In this article, IBPS clerk exam age limits are given in detail. For more details on IBPS Clerk Exam, refer to the linked article.
|Check if you are eligible for the IBPS Clerk 2021 exam and start your preparation now with the Free Online IBPS Clerk Mock Test Series!
Also, refer to the links given below and ace bank exams:
Age Limit for IBPS Clerk
- Candidates intending to apply for CRP Clerks-XI should ensure that they fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria specified by IBPS.
- The IBPS clerk eligibility criteria are majorly based on the candidate’s:
- Educational Qualification
- At the time of joining and any subsequent stage of the recruitment process as required by IBPS/ Participating Banks, the candidates must produce the relevant documents in original and a photocopy in support of their identity and eligibility pertaining to category, nationality, age, educational qualifications etc.
Therefore, it is important to have knowledge about eligibility criteria.
- Minimum Age Limit for IBPS Clerk Exam – 20 Years
- Maximum Age Limit for IBPS Clerk Exam – 28 Years
Note – For IBPS Clerk Vacancies of 2022-23, a candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.07.1993 and not later than 01.07.2001 (both dates inclusive).
IBPS Clerk Upper Age Limit (Category-wise)
The notification also mentions upper age limits as per the categories mentioned below in the table.
||Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
||Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
||Persons With Disabilities||10 years|
||Ex-Servicemen / Disabled Ex-Servicemen||Actual period of service rendered in the defence forces + 3 years (8 years for Disabled Ex-servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years|
||Widows, divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried||Age concession up to the age of 35 years for General/EWS, 38 years for OBC and 40 years for SC/ST candidates.|
||Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
IBPS Clerk Age Limit Relaxation
- Ex-Servicemen candidates who have already secured employment under the Central Government in Group ‘C’ & ‘D’ will be permitted the benefit of age relaxation
- The maximum age limit specified is applicable to General Category candidates and Economically Weaker (EWS) Category Candidates.
- For candidates belonging to the OBC category, the certificate should specifically contain a clause that the candidate does not belong to the creamy layer section excluded from the benefits of reservation for Other Backward Classes in Civil post & services under Government of India.
To know more about eligibility criteria, aspirants can go through the linked IBPS Clerk Eligibility
Additional Information – List of Participating Banks
|Bank of Baroda||Canara Bank||Indian Overseas Bank||UCO Bank|
|Bank of India||Central Bank of India||Punjab National Bank||Union Bank of India|
|Bank of Maharashtra||Indian Bank||Punjab & Sind Bank|
FAQ about IBPS Clerk Age Limit
How many attempts are allowed for IBPS clerks?
What is the age limit for IBPS jobs?
Is typing necessary for bank clerks?
What is the maximum age limit for bank exams?
Who is eligible for IBPS Clerk Exam?