The Reserve Bank of India will shortly issue a job notification for the recruitment of Office Attendants in RBI. The shortlisted candidates will be assigned to any of the RBI’s branches throughout India. Along with the publication of the RBI Office Attendant Notification 2022, the essential dates for RBI Office Attendant Recruitment 2022 will be announced. The selection process for the position of Office Attendant will consist of a national competitive test (online test) followed by a Language Proficiency Test (in Regional Language).
Before applying, candidates are advised to go through RBI Office Attendant Eligibility 2022 and ensure that they satisfy the basic criteria. In this article, the exam pattern of the RBI Office Attendant Exam is discussed for aspirants to have an understanding of the format of the exam.
A job in the apex bank is considered highly prestigious, and hence the competition is high and equivalent to other Government exams.
|If you are targeting an RBI exam, refer to the links given below and ace the RBI exams:|
RBI Office Attendant 2022: Exam Pattern Overview
The online written exam for RBI office attendants will be followed by a language proficiency test. All relevant information about the pattern of the exam is provided below:
|Name of the Exam||RBI Office Attendant|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Duration of exam||90 minutes|
|Type of question||Objective|
|Number of sections||4|
|Marking scheme||¼ Negative marking for every wrong answer|
|Language of paper||English & Hindi|
|Total marks of
|Language Proficiency Test||Compulsory and Qualifying in Nature|
It is recommended that an aspirant must be aware of the RBI Office Attendant Exam Syllabus 2022 if they are planning to take the exam.
RBI Office Attendant 2022 Exam Pattern- Stage 1: Online Test
The online exam is the first level of the RBI Office Attendant examination. The paper will be divided into four sections:
- General English
- Numerical Ability
- General Awareness
The distribution of marks and questions in each section is as given below:
|S. No.||Name of the Test||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|1.||General English||30||30||Composite time of 90 minutes|
- This paper has 120 objective-type questions with a total time limit of 90 minutes.
- The paper is worth a total of 120 marks.
- Each correct answer receives one mark.
- Every incorrect response will result in a deduction of 0.25 marks.
- There will be no negative marking for questions that are not answered.
- Except for the General English test, all other sections will be bilingual, i.e. English and Hindi.
- Candidates must pass the Online Test with a minimum required marks in each section.
Check RBI Office Attendant Exam 2022 Results, by visiting the linked article.
RBI Office Attendant 2022 Exam Pattern- Stage 2: Language Proficiency Test
- Candidates who pass the first stage of this examination will be eligible to take the second stage. Candidates will be assessed on the local language of the state for which they have applied at this stage. Aspirants may be expected to read/write or take a test in the local language at this level, depending on the recommendations provided by the authorities.
- The date of the Language Proficiency Test (LPT) will be announced soon after the written exam is over.
- The roll number of those applicants who pass the LPT round will be posted on the RBI’s official website after the selection process is completed.
- Language Proficiency Test is a compulsory test. No candidate would be excused from taking the LPT.
This test will be undertaken by aspirants who intend to apply from a different state/UT. They must be fluent in the language of the region (Reading, Writing and Speaking). This LPT round would be held solely for those applicants who qualified for the online test round. Only after passing both rounds will candidates be offered a temporary allocation.
The following is a list of the local languages spoken by the RBI’s related offices:
|Name of the Offices||Local languages|
|Mumbai||Marathi / Konkani|
|Guwahati||Assamese / Bengali/ Manipuri|
|Chandigarh||Punjabi / Hindi|
Preparation Tips for RBI Office Attendant Exam 2022
After being familiarised with the exam syllabus and exam pattern candidates must start preparing for the exam. Hence, we have provided some strategies that might assist students in successfully passing the RBI Office Attendant test.
Go through the Syllabus: Always keep the syllabus handy and keep a track of the topics completed and to be completed.
- Time-Table: A timetable is essential in any test preparation. Make a timetable and stick to it. It is important that one must use the best of the time in hand and cover the syllabus in time.
- Make Notes: Always make short notes while studying a subject for the last minute revision. Use Google to search for the topics unavailable in the books to have a better understanding of the issues.
- Read newspapers: The newspaper is the bible of current events. Candidates should read the newspaper on a daily basis. It offers facts on India, the world and so on. Go through Daily Current Affairs, to stay updated.
- Use Right Study Sources: Limit your books and always revise the same books multiple times. Aspirants can go through the RBI Office Attendant 2022 Books, to see what books to refer to for each of the sections.
- Test Series: Use previous year’s test papers and use mock tests for increasing the speed and accuracy. Candidates must also visit the RBI mock test page by BYJU’S. Solving the mock tests will also help increase the efficiency of a candidate.
For more information on other related topics, syllabus, exam dates and previous year papers of various government exams follow BYJU’S.
Frequently Asked Questions about RBI Office Attendant 2022 Exam Pattern
How many sections are there in the RBI Office Attendant Exam?
Is there any negative marking in the RBI Office Attendant Exam?
What is the time duration for RBI Office Attendant Online Written test?
|RBI Exam||SBI Exam|
|National Defence Academy||IBPS RRB Exam|
|Daily Video Analysis: The Hindu||Current Affairs Quiz|
|Previous Year RBI Question Papers with Solutions||RBI Assistant exam pattern|