Central Board of Secondary Education has invited the students of Class 6 to 11 to participate in CBSE Science Exhibition/Fair 2019-20. The exhibition will be organized in the months of October-November 2019. The Science Exhibition would initially be conducted at the regional level and then at the National level. The board has taken this initiative to generate curiosity and develop a scientific attitude in students. Such steps encourage students to create, innovate and invent new discoveries and technologies. Here we have provided complete details on how to participate in CBSE Science Exhibition and key points related to it.
Theme for CBSE Science Exhibition/Fair for 2019-20
Students can have a look at the theme and sub-theme of the CBSE Science exhibition below:
“Science and Technology for Sustainable Development with a Thrust on Water Conservation”.
Students have to prepare a research-based original Science project on any of the below mentioned sub-theme of the main theme.
- Sustainable Agricultural Practices
- Cleanliness and Health
- Resource Management
- Industrial Development
- Future Transport and Communication
- Educational Games and Mathematical Modelling
Key Points Related to the Conduct of Science Exhibition
The Science exhibition consists of 2 stages:
Stage 1: The exhibition will be conducted at regional level across the country. The detailed information regarding the venues will be notified later on the CBSE site.
Stage 2: The best 24 exhibits selected at the regional level will be eligible to participate in the National Level Exhibition/Fair.
Before going through the registration process, let’s have a look at the important guidelines.
Guidelines for Participating in CBSE National Level Science Exhibition
Below we have mentioned the guidelines to participating in the Science Exhibition:
1) Dates for Online Registration: Students have to fill the online registration form before the closing date i.e 12th October 2019.
2) Registration Fees: The payment should be done only through online mode. The last date for payment of confirmation from the bank is 18th Oct 2019.
|For Indian Schools||Rs. 1500/- per registering team|
|For Foreign Schools||Rs. 3000/- per registering team|
3) Students of class 6 to 11 who are studying in current academic session i.e 2019-20 are eligible to participate. Also, the school has to be affiliated to CBSE.
4) A school can register a maximum of 2 exhibits/ projects/ models/ team.
5) A school team for an exhibit will be represented by either an individual student or two students and one mentor Science teacher.
6) The school team participating at the regional and national level will remain the same.
7) The sub-theme and title of the project once selected cannot be changed.
8) Eco-friendly material must be used in the preparation of the project.
9) All the expenses related to the event would be borne by the school/team itself.
10) A team of experts will assess the Science project based on the following criteria and their decision will be considered to be the final decision.
|Creativity and imagination||20%|
|Originality and scientific and mathematical innovation||15%|
|Technical skill, workmanship, craftsmanship etc.||15%|
|Utility for society, scalability/educational value||15%|
|Economics/ viability (low cost), portability, durability, scope of its applicability in future etc.||10%|
|Presentation – aspects like effectiveness, demonstration, display and relevant explanations||10%|
How to Participate in the CBSE Science Exhibition?
Students can register online with the help of their schools. Here are the steps for registration:
Step 1: Visit the official CBSE Website (http://www.cbse.nic.in/newsite/index.html)
Step 2: Scroll down and click on “Science Exhibition” as shown below.
Step 3: A new page will open as shown below. Enter the LOC/registration credentials to Log-In.
Step 4: Fill up the registration form by providing the correct details.
Step 5: Make the payment online.
Step 6: Take a print out of filled application form for future use.
Award and Prize for CBSE National Level Science Exhibition 2019-20
The participants who get selected for best entries at the National level will be awarded with a certificate and cash prize. The winners of the CBSE National Science Exhibition/ Fair will win entries to 47th Jawaharlal Nehru National Science Mathematics and Environmental Exhibition for Children in 2020.
Students can download the official notification to obtain the complete details of the CBSE Science exhibition.
We hope students find this information on “CBSE National Level Science Exhibition 2019-20” helpful. CBSE has just released the Sample paper 2020 for class 10 and 12 board classes. To access them visit the CBSE Sample Paper 2020 page and stay tuned for the latest updates on CBSE and other competitive exams. Download BYJU’S App to get interactive Maths and Science videos. Be innovative and keep learning new things.