The armed forces of India launched Operation CO JEET to offer help in anti-COVID-19 efforts. This initiative aims to strengthen India’s oxygen supply chain and medical infrastructure.
They plan to treat coronavirus waves like war and extend measures to ascertain the mental well being of citizens.
Knowing about this undertaking in detail is essential if you wish to crack competitive exams. Students preparing for competitive exams like UPSC 2022 can follow this article to find details on the initiative.
Candidates can enhance their UPSC exam preparation by attempting UPSC Previous Years Question Papers now!!
To complement your preparation for the upcoming exam, check the following links:
Key Highlights of the Operation CO JEET
Here are some notable pointers about this initiative:
- Lt Gen Kanitkar, the third woman to become a three-star general in the armed forces, is monitoring and strategising the steps to provide relief to COVID-19 patients under this operation.
- Under this initiative, the three wings of the Indian armed forces, Air Force, Army, and the Navy will work to set up COVID treatment beds, restore oxygen supply and help front-line warriors control the pandemic.
- Apart from medical therapy, this initiative assures the patients that they will be fine.
- According to the Financial Express, the military hospitals have oxygen generation plants. Additionally, around 46 oxygen plants have to be set up at various places to facilitate the oxygen supply.
- According to the Tribune, authorities have deployed around 120 junior commissioned officers, 18 officers, and other ranks in COVID-19 facilities in Ahmedabad, Lucknow, Delhi, Patna and Varanasi under Operation CO JEET.
- The Indian Navy has transported liquid oxygen to Lakshadweep and Andaman and Nicobar Island. The Indian Army has extended its help to transport oxygen cylinders to various parts of the country. Moreover, nearly 200 drivers were assigned to ensure a smooth supply of oxygen.
- The Department of Defence has created a COVID Crisis Management Committee to work systematically.
- Remount Veterinary Corps staff will help provide information to families of patients admitted to make-shift COVID hospitals.
Hopefully, this information on Operation CO JEET will help competitive exam aspirants prepare required notes.
Individuals can also learn about the latest data on this initiative through news portals to confidently answer the Operation CO JEET UPSC questions.
In addition, they can check educational portals that offer detailed information on CO JEET to aid IAS and UPSC exam aspirants.
Other Related Links
Frequently Asked Questions on Operation CO JEET
Which cities have military hospitals ramped up for COVID treatment?
Gwalior, Barmer, Jabalpur, Bhopal, Lucknow, Kamptee, Namkum, Prayagraj, Pune and Sagar are the cities where the government ramped up military hospitals for COVID treatment.
How will the Remount Veterinary Corps help in Operation CO JEET?
The Remount Veterinary Corps will take care of diagnosis, investigation and research of COVID disease.
How many new beds are introduced in make-shift hospitals under Operation CO JEET?
The Indian Army plans to implement at least 100 general and ICU beds in make-shift hospitals under operation Co Jeet.