Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award
- The government announced the recipients of prestigious Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar award, considered to be a coveted science honor in the country.
- The Ministry of Science and Technology announced 11 awards in seven different fields.
- In the biological science category, Balasubramanian Gopal of the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru, and Rajeev Kumar Varshney of International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) were chosen for the coveted award.
- Jyotiranjan Srichandan Ray from the Physical Science Laboratory, Ahmedabad, was chosen from the field of earth, atmosphere, ocean and planetary sciences while Yogesh Joshi from IIT Kanpur was selected for the awards in the field of engineering sciences.
- In the field of mathematical sciences, Ritabrata Munshi from the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai and K. Sandeep from TIFR Centre for Applicable Mathematics, Bengaluru, bagged the award.
- Vidita Vaidya from the TIFR Mumbai bagged the award from the medical science category.
- In the physical sciences category, Bedangadas Mohanty from the National Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhubaneshwar and Mandar Deshmukh from the TIFR Mumbai were selected.
- Srinivasa Reddy from CSIR’s National Chemical Laboratory, Pune and Pradyut Ghosh from the Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Jadavpur, were selected for the award in the category of chemical sciences.
SASTRA prize for Dr. Jacob Tsimerman
- The 2015 SASTRA Ramanujan Prize will be awarded to Jacob Tsimerman of the University of Toronto, Canada.
- The prize will be awarded during the International Conference on Number Theory at SASTRA University in Tamil Nadu’s Kumbakonam (Ramanujan’s hometown) where the prize has been given annually, according to a release.
- The SASTRA Ramanujan Prize was established in 2005 and is awarded annually for outstanding contributions by young mathematicians to areas influenced by the mathematics genius Srinivasa Ramanujan.
- The age limit for the prize has been set at 32 because Ramanujan achieved so much in his brief life of 32 years
|INSPIRE Awards – MANAK|
|Facts about – Bharat Ratna Award|
|List of Major Awards in the World|