UPSC Exam Preparation: Topic of the Day – INSPIRE Awards-MANAK
Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) – MANAK (Million Minds Augmenting National Aspiration and Knowledge), INSPIRE Awards-MANAK is an initiative of Department of Science & Technology (DST) to channelize the spark in minds of school students to become future innovators for the welfare of the society and for the benefit of the nation.
- INSPIRE Awards-MANAK is aimed to target million innovative ideas of the school students.
- To attract talented young students to study Science and pursue a career in Research
- To promote creative thinking and foster a culture of innovation among young minds.
- Under this scheme, all recognized schools in the country (whether run by Central Government or State Government or local body or NGOs), including private schools (aided or unaided), having classes from 6th to 10th (whether all or some), are eligible to enroll in the scheme and submit nominations of eligible children to DST through their respective District / State education authorities on-line/ off-line.
- The schools must nominate 2-3 students from their schools, during a financial year, along with all the details including a brief write-up of the idea of the student.
- The top One Lakh ideas will be shot listed and award money of Ten Thousand Rupees will be transferred to each student for participation at the district level exhibition.
- The top Ten Thousand ideas selected at the district levels will receive mentoring support for developing the prototype and models by National Innovation Foundation – India (NIF) and other reputed technology institutions for showcasing at the national level competition.
- The top 60 ideas will be displayed at the Festival of Innovation & Entrepreneurship (FINE).
Read more ‘Topic of the Day’ and stay ahead of your competition.