To bring in innovations and technologies relevant to the masses, the Atal New India Challenge was launched under the Atal Innovation Mission (AIM). Details of the scheme are discussed further in the article. Students preparing for the IAS Exam or any other Government exam can learn more about the scheme here.
The UPSC Syllabus covers this scheme under welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and the States in General Studies Paper-II.
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM)
Atal Innovation Mission is a flagship initiative launched to promote the culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in the country. The AIM, in partnership with the Railway Board, Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, and Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, has launched the Atal New India Challenge. The AIM, under the initiative, would invite potential innovators, start-ups and Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises to innovate, create and design market-ready products with the help of cutting-edge technologies in 17 pre-identified focus areas.
Also read: Atal Tinkering Labs
Pre-identified Focus Areas of AIM
There are 17 pre-identified focus areas for the AIM. They are listed below:
- Waste in public spaces and dissuading public littering
- Mixing blades for composting
- Decentralized composting
- Quality of compost
- Garbage composition devices
- Waste management recycling/reuse
- Affordable desalination/recycling technology
- Instant portable water quality testing
- Safe transport
- Electric mobility
- Smart mobility
- Alternate fuel-based transportation
- Predictive maintenance of rolling stock
- Prevention of rail failure using emerging technologies
- Fog vision system for road and rail
- Climate-smart agriculture
Atal New India Challenge Details
The National Institution for Transforming India, NITI Ayog has launched the Atal New India Challenge under the Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) with the aim of bringing in innovations and technologies, relevant to the masses.
The initiative lays its focus on solving such problems in the core areas, which would directly impact the quality of life of the citizens and also generate employment.
- The applicant displaying the capability and intent to manufacture marketable products under the 17 pre-identified focus areas will be granted an award grant up to 1 crore rupees.
- The winning grantees would be provided support in terms of technical support, go-to-market strategies by leading experts, accelerators and incubators, technical support, mentoring and others.
- In order to generate wider deployment, mentoring and support would be provided at various levels of commercialisation.
- The challenge is open to all the Start-ups, companies registered under the Companies Act 1956 and the Companies Act 2013, R&D institutions, academicians, academic institutions and individual innovators.
Atal New India Challenge UPSC:- Download PDF Here
|Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana||Pradhan Mantri Matriva Vandana Yojana||Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana|
|e-NAM||Commission for Agricultural Costs and Prices||Minimum Support Price (MSP)|