Indian was ranked in 10th position as per the data released on 16th April 2018. The index was launched on the sidelines of the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting. It was created in collaboration with the United Nations World Intellectual Property Organisation and its Global Innovation Index.
Aspirants would find this topic very helpful in the IAS Exam.
Who Topped the Global Innovation Index in 2019?
The top 3 ranks in the Global Innovation Index were occupied by
- United States of America (USA).
The Global Innovation Index was jointly developed by the Cornell University, INSEAD Business School, and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO). The countries are evaluated on more than 80 indicators.
What is the Global Innovation Fund (GIF)?
- GIF will take care of the funding and investments, targeting innovative projects across commonwealth countries.
- GIF would act as a delivery partner for hosting a new Commonwealth Innovation Fund (CIF).
What is the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM)?
- It is a meeting held once in 2 years of the heads of Government from all Commonwealth nations.
- The first meeting was held in 1971.
- Every two years the meeting is held in different countries and the nations respective Prime Minister or President becomes the chair of the meeting.
The above details would help candidates prepare for UPSC 2020.
|IAS Salary||IAS Eligibility|
|Civil Service Exam||Static GK|
|Government Exams||UPSC Syllabus|
|UPSC Books||UPSC Question Paper|
|Best Optional Subjects for UPSC||10 Must Read Books for IAS Aspirants|