PMUY (Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana)
- The target of 1.5 crore connections under the scheme has been achieved
- With the implementation of this scheme the national LPG coverage has increased from 61% (as on 1.1.2016) to 70% (as on 01.12.2016)
Points about PMUY
- Was launched on 01.05.2016 from Balia, Uttar Pradesh
- Under this clean cooking gas connections (or LPG) will be provided to the households
- Through SECC (Socio Economic Caste Census) the beneficiaries (adult woman) have been identified from BPL households
- These will be provided a LPG connection and also a financial assistance of Rs 1600 per connection
- The target is 5 crore connections in a span of 3 years
High Level Committee on institutionalization of Arbitration in India
- There is huge pendency of cases especially commercial disputes
- The government has focused on arbitration as it is cost and time effective
- The Arbitration and Conciliation (Amendment) Act, 2015 provides for quick enforcement of contracts, easy recovery of monetary claims, reduce the pendency of cases in courts and hasten the process of dispute resolution through arbitration
- This will encourage foreign investment and also promote ease of doing business
- In order to promote speedy and effective arbitration process, the government has set up Justice B N Srikrishna committee (HLC)
- To analyze & review effectiveness of present arbitration mechanism.
- To review the facilities, resources, funding and manpower of existing ADR institutions.
- To review working of the institutions funded by the Government of India for arbitration purposes.
- To assess skill gaps in ADR and allied institutions for both national and international arbitration.
- To evaluate information outreach and efficacy of existing legal framework for arbitration.
Swachh Swasth Sarvatra
- It’s a Joint Initiative of Health Ministry and Ministry of Drinking Water & Sanitation launched to commemorate Good Governance Day
The objective is to achieve better health outcomes through improved sanitation and increased awareness and healthy lifestyles.
The Swachh Swasth Sarvatra has three components
- Community Health Centres (CHCs) in ODF blocks supported to achieve Kayakalp certification
- Gram Panchayat of Kayakalp Primary Health Centres (PHCs) prioritized to become ODF
- Training in WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene ) of CHC/PHC nominees
- It’s an initiative of the health Ministry which awards public health facilities to promote sanitation and hygiene
- Under this the central government hospitals are awarded Rs 3 crore, 2 crore and 1 crore for the first, second and third rank respectively
The GoI has launched Swacchh Bharat Abhiyan under which
- Target year is 2nd October 2019
- 100% open defecation free
- Build household toilets, community toilets and public toilets
- Efficient solid waste management in all 4041 statutory towns
Reference– Government Schemes – Swacchh Bharat
Ministry of Minority Affairs
- Will be setting up world class educational institutions to provide better education (both traditional and modern) to the students belonging to minorities
- As per the statement these institutions with 40% reservation (for girls) will be started by 2018
Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Sunil Lanba will be the Chiefs of Staff Committee (CoSC) and will take the charge with effect from afternoon of 31 December 2016
- It’s a committee/forum which is headed by the senior most of the three chiefs’ of three services
- Usually there is a discussion on matters such as military or security issues or any such issue that has been given to it by the ministry
- Naresh Chandra Taskforce on National Security in 2012 has recommended that there is a requirement of a post of CoSC to have better co-ordination, strategy, planning etc.