UPSC IAS Exam is conducted in three phases- Prelims, Mains and Interview. In UPSC IAS Mains exam candidates have to face the one optional subject with two paper, considered as the indispensable part of UPSC CSE Mains Exam.
Electrical engineering is a professional degree subject that deals with the study and application of electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism. Aspirants those who are from Electrical engineering background can only handle this optional subject in IAS Exam. The UPSC Electrical engineering Syllabus is too vast and difficult. The syllabus of electrical engineering ought to be done before prelims.
Here in this article, we are giving a list of important books for Electrical Engineering optional.
Electrical Engineering Books for IAS
Books for Electrical engineering optional for UPSC IAS Mains Exam
- Electromagnetic Fields & Waves- Kd Prasad
- Energy Conversion: Ashfaq Hussain
- Circuit Theory: Analysis and Synthesis- A. Chakrabarti
- Signals and Systems-Alan V. Oppenheim, Alan V. Willsky, S. Hamid Nawab
- Physics of Semiconductor Devices – Simon Sze
- Analog Electronics: J.B. Gupta
- Digital Logic and Computer Design-M. Morris Mano
- Principles of Electronics – V .K. Mehta
- Radio Engineering – G.K. Mithal
- Circuit Analysis – Gupta Electrical Technology – Thareja
- Automatic Control System – Benjamin C. Kuo
- Elements of Engineering Electromagnetics – Nannapaneni Rao
- Electromagnetic Waves and Field – R.N. Singh
- Control Systems Engineering – Nagrath Gopal
- Semiconductor – Nag Choudhary
- Integrated Circuits – D. Roy Choudhary
- Network Analysis – Valkenburg
- Basic Current Analysis – Murthy
- Electromagnetic Waves and Radiating System – Jordan & Balmain
- Modern Central Engineering – Katsuhiko Ogata
- Microprocessors and Microcomputers- R. S Gaonkar
- Topics in Communication Theory – David Middleton
IAS aspirants preparing for UPSC 2021 may check the linked article.
For more articles on UPSC Electrical Engineering preparation and IAS exam preparation, refer to the table below: