UPSC IAS Exam is conducted in three phases- Prelims, Mains and Interview. The optional subject assumes an extraordinary part in deciding the destiny of aspirants in UPSC IAS Exam. As indicated by the current UPSC pattern, success-rate of Literature subjects are comparatively high than other subjects. UPSC has released the notification for UPSC 2019 IAS Exam.
UPSC Assamese Literature Optional
Assamese is an optional subject in the UPSC Civil Services examination. If the aspirants have good command over the Assamese language, then they can opt Assamese as their optional subject. The syllabus of Assamese optional for UPSC IAS Mains exam is short and well defined. Many candidates from Assam have cracked UPSC IAS Exam by opting Assamese as their optional subject. As other literature subjects, the success-rate of Assamese Language is comparatively very high among all subjects. The study materials for Assamese Literature is not easily available. But reading some standard book will help aspirants to answer the questions. Answer writing practice and excellent language skill in Assamese literature is the key to deal with this optional.
Here we are giving a complete list of books needed for Assamese optional which will help the UPSC aspirants in their preparation.
Books for Assamese Literature Optional for IAS Mains
- Bargeet-by Madhava Deva
- Gaonburha-by Padmanath Gohain Barua.
- Gurucarit-Katha (Sankaradeva Part only)-ed. by Maheswar Neog.
- Jeevanar Batat-by Bina Barwa (Birinchi Kumar Barua)
- Karengar Ligiri-by Jyotiprasad Agarwalla
- Katha-Bhagavata (Books I and II)-by Baikuntha Nath Bhattacharyya.
- Kripabar Barbaruar Kakatar Topola-by Lakshminath Bezbaroa.
- Monamati-by Rajanikanta Bordoloi.
- Mor Jeevan Sonwaran-by Lakshminath Bezbaroa.
- Mrityunjoy-by Birendrakumar Bhattachary-ya
- Parijat-Harana-by Sankaradeva
- Pratima-by Chandra Kumar Agarwalla.
- Purani Asamiya Sahitya-by Banikanta Kakati.
- Rajasurya by Madhava Deva.
- Ramayana (Ayodhya Kanda only)-by Madhava Kandali.
- Rasakrida by Sankaradeva (From Kirtana Ghosa).
- Samrat-by Navakanta Barua.
Tune into byjus.com/free-ias-prep for more strategy articles and news on UPSC Civil Service IAS Exam
|How Many Candidates take Literature Optionals in UPSC Mains?|
|Pros and Cons of taking Literature Optionals in UPSC|
|Maithili Literature Syllabus|