Indian Economy and Economics is considered as the significant part of the UPSC IAS Exam. It is a relevant subject for UPSC IAS Prelims Exam as well as rather for Main and Interview too. You will find several books in the market for Economics, but it is important to get the most recommended Economics books for IAS mains exam.
Economics is considered as a tough optional compared to other optional subjects. If the aspirant is a graduate in Economics, then all that you need to cover the concepts and theories first. After that aspirants have to work on current affairs, additionally to give a final touch as per the UPSC Civil Service Exam syllabus.
The syllabus of Economics optional for UPSC is vast. Aspirants need an understanding at degree level. Paper- I of Economics optional paper is technical in nature. Aspirants from another background may feel difficult to deal with Paper I without proper preparation. This optional subject is so dynamic.
Here we are giving the complete book list for Economics optional subject. This will help your UPSC IAS Mains preparation.
Study materials for Economics optional for UPSC IAS mains Exam/Best Economics books for UPSC mains:
- An Introduction to Economics – A.W. Stonier and D.C. Hauge
- Banking – S.B. Gupta
- Dictionary of Economics – Graham Bannock; T.E. Baxter, Ray Rees
- Economic Growth and Development – Mayer and Baldwin
- Economic Survey: Twelve Five Year Plan: New Industrial Policy – Government of India
- Economics – Paul A. Samuelson
- Economics Choice – Koutsweanik
- Growth and Development – M L Jhingan
- Indian Economy – Mishra and Puri
- Indian Economy – R. Dutt and KPM Sundaram
- Indian Economy – Ramesh Singh
- International Economics – Bo Soderston
- International Economics – H.G. Mannur or Salvatore
- International Trade – Bo Soderston
- Macro Economic Analysis – Edward Shapiro
- Modern Banking – R.S. Sayers
- Monetary Theory and Public Policy – Kenneth Kurihara
- Money Supply in India: Concepts, Compilation and Analysis: Functions and Working – Reserve Bank of India
- National Income Accounting – Neethu
- Outline of Monetary Economics – A.C.I. Day
- Public Finance – H.L. Bhatia
- Public Finance – K.K. Andley and Sundharam
- The Economic Times
- Economical and Political Weekly