Indian Economy and Economics are considered as a significant part of the UPSC civil services examination. It is a relevant subject for UPSC IAS Exam. You will find several books in the market for Economics, but it is important to get the most recommended Economics books for IAS mains exam.
Economics is considered as a tough optional compared to other optional subjects. If the aspirant is a graduate in Economics, then all that you need to cover the concepts and theories first. After that aspirants have to work on current affairs, additionally to give a final touch as per the UPSC Syllabus.
The syllabus of Economics optional for UPSC is vast. Aspirants need an understanding at degree level. Paper- I of Economics optional paper is technical in nature. Aspirants from another background may find it difficult to deal with Paper I without proper preparation. This optional subject is so dynamic.
Here we are giving the complete book list for Economics optional subject. This will help your UPSC Mains preparation.
UPSC Economics Books- Study Material For Economics Optional Paper I & II
The booklist for UPSC Economics Optional is given below:
- Indian Economy – Ramesh Singh
- The Indian Economy – Sanjiv Verma
- Indian Economy – Mishra and Puri
- Indian Economy – R. Dutt and KPM Sundaram
- Banking – S.B. Gupta
- Dictionary of Economics – Graham Bannock; T.E. Baxter, Ray Rees
- Economic Growth and Development – Mayer and Baldwin
- Economic Survey: Twelve Five Year Plan: New Industrial Policy – Government of India
- Economics – Paul A. Samuelson
- Economics Choice – Koutsweanik
- Growth and Development – M L Jhingan
- International Economics – Bo Soderston
- International Economics – H.G. Mannur or Salvatore
- International Trade – Bo Soderston
- MacroEconomic Analysis – Edward Shapiro
- Modern Banking – R.S. Sayers
- Monetary Theory and Public Policy – Kenneth Kurihara
- Money Supply in India: Concepts, Compilation and Analysis: Functions and Working – Reserve Bank of India
- National Income Accounting – Neethu
- Outline of Monetary Economics – A.C.I. Day
- Public Finance – H.L. Bhatia
- Public Finance – K.K. Andley and Sundharam
- The Economic Times
- Economical and Political Weekly
To target UPSC 2021, check the linked article.
Also, check the table below for a few relevant articles on UPSC Economics and IAS exam.
|UPSC Economics Syllabus||UPSC Exam Pattern|
|UPSC Strategy Articles||NCERT Books for UPSC|