Public administration is a popular optional subject listed in UPSC IAS main examination optional subjects list. It is a significant subject as it interlinked with administration and governance.If approached with the right strategy and analysis, aspirants can easily fetch a high score in Public Administration of UPSC IAS Exam.
The IAS Mains exam consists of nine descriptive papers out of which there are two optional subject papers. Public administration as an optional in UPSC Mains is quite popular among IAS aspirants. It is considered a scoring optional. Also, there is quite a bit of overlap with the General Studies papers.
You will find complete list of books for Public administration below.
Public Administration Books for UPSC
Books for Public administration for UPSC Mains
- Administrative Thinkers by Prasad and Prasad
- Indian Public Administration – Arora and Goyal
- New Horizons of Public Administration – Mohit Bhattacharya
- Public Administration – Fadia and Fadia
- Public Administration In India 1st Edition – Maheshwari
- Public Administration In India – B L Fadia
- Public Administration – Laxmikant
- Public Administration and Public Affairs 12th Edition – Nicholas Henry
- Essentials Of Organizational Behaviour 10th Edition – Robbins, Sanghi and Judge
- Pub Ad A new look- Mohit Bhattacharya
- Public Administration: Concepts and Theories- Basu Rumki
IAS aspirants preparing for UPSC 2022 may check the linked article to strategize better for civil service examination and optional preparation.
The relevant articles about UPSC Public Administration and IAS exam are given in the table below: