From the inception of UPSC Examination, has been one of the most scoring subjects in UPSC IAS Mains exam. It has given spectacular results. Among the humanities subjects, it has the potentiality of scoring good mark.UPSC has released the notification for UPSC 2019 IAS Exam. UPSC IAS Exam is conducted in three phases- Prelims, Mains and Interview.The preparation should be done in such a way that all the three phases are in proper focus.For a good performance in Mains exam,optional papers play a significant role.
Philosophy optional for UPSC IAS Mains
Philosophy is one of the subjects where one need wide and selective reading. It has the shortest syllabus with great scoring potentiality. The paper I of Philosophy optional deals with the Indian and Western philosophy. It is purely conceptual and there is no as such applied part. Aspirants cannot write their own philosophy. Paper II of Philosophy optional is extremely broad and contains themes of common interest. It deals with Socio-Political philosophy and Philosophy of Religion.
Philosophy optional books for UPSC exam/Books for philosophy optional UPSC/UPSC Philosophy syllabus books
- An Introduction to Indian Philosophy- S Chatterjee
- A Critical Survey of Indian Philosophy- C Sharma
- A History of Philosophy-Frank Thilly
- A Critical History of Western Philosophy- Y Masih
- Contemporary Western Philosophy- Dr. B.K. Lal
- An Introduction to Political Theory by O P Gauba
Philosophy of Religion
- Introduction to Religious Philosophy By Y Masih
- Philosophy of Religion by John H. Hick
Tune into byjus.com/free-ias-prep for more strategy articles and news on UPSC Civil Services IAS Exam