The Shyam Benegal committee was established on January 1, 2016, to develop important rules and measures for film certification by ensuring the film has innovation and creativity.
This is an important topic for IAS exam aspirants.
|Aspirants should begin their preparation by solving UPSC Previous Year Question Papers now!!
To complement your preparation for the upcoming exam, check the following links:
Why was the committee constituted?
The Shyam Benegal Committee was set up under the Chairmanship of filmmaker Shyam Bengal to lay down a holistic framework for certification of films and to incorporate the best practices while filming the content.
As per the report, it was mentioned that the Central Bureau of Film Certification (CFBC) should be the primary content certificate issuance authority for films.
What are the objectives of SBC?
The objectives of the committee are:
- To protect children and adults from harmful and exploitable content
- To help the audiences gain a better experience of good content and ensuring the artistic ideas are maintained.
What are the few guidelines of SBC?
- The recommendations include planning the size of the board and its respective functions.
- It was also mentioned that women should have 50% representation on each Panel.
- Online submission of applications as well as simplification of forms and accompanying documentation should be done.
- Recertification of a film for purposes of the telecast on television or for any other purpose should be permitted.
- In order to preserve Indian Cinema, the committee recommends that every applicant be asked to deposit the Director’s Cut in the NFAI for the preservation of Indian Cinema, instead of the certified version.
|UPSC 2021 Calendar||UPSC Books|
|UPSC Syllabus||UPSC Notes|
|NCERT Notes For UPSC||UPSC Prelims|
|UPSC 2021||UPSC Current Affairs|