UPSC IAS Exam is conducted in three phases- Prelims, Mains and Interview. The optional subject plays a great role in deciding aspirants fate in UPSC civil services exam. According to the recent trends, success-rate of Literature subjects are comparatively very high than other subjects.
In this article, you will read about the Tamil Literature booklist for UPSC IAS Mains Exam.
UPSC Tamil Literature Optional
Tamil is a well-known choice in the UPSC Civil Services examination. The syllabus of Tamil literature optional is well defined. This meticulously designed syllabus is the main attraction of this optional. The popularity of Tamil Language as an optional subject has risen as the aspirants cracked the UPSC IAS Exam with high score. The success-rate of Literature of Tamil Language is comparatively very high among all subjects.if the aspirants have good command over the Tamil language, then they can opt Tamil literature as their optional subject.
To cover UPSC Tamil Literature Syllabus, IAS aspirants should read the following Tamil Literature books for IAS to prepare for the Mains exam.
Tamil Literature Optional Booklist for UPSC
The list of books for Tamil literature optional for Paper-I & Paper-II, for UPSC Mains is given below:
- Tamil mozhi varalaru – Su. Sakthivel
- Mozhi nool – Mu. Varadarasanar
- Mozhi varalaru – Mu. Varadarasanar
- Tamil ilakkiya varalaru – Mu. Varadarasanar
- Tamil ilakkiya varalaru – Thamizannal
- Tamil ilakkiya varalaru – Madhu Sa. Vimalanandam
- Oppilakkiya kotpaadu – Ka.Na.Kailasapathy
- Naatupura iyal aaivu – Su.Sakthivel
- Ulaga sevviyal mozhigalin varisaiyil tamil – V.C. Kulandaisamy
- Valluvar padaikkum vaiyathu sorkkam – V.C. Kulandaisamy
- Tamil mozhiyum varalarum – Devira
- Tamil thiranaaivum panpaadum – Devira
- Tamizhar valartha azhagu kalaigal – Mayilai seeni Vengadasamy
- Ithazhiyal – Su. Sakthivel
- Tholkappiar kanda samudaayam – Dr. Natesan
If IAS aspirants are targeting UPSC 2020, they may check the linked article to align their IAS preparation as per the set exam pattern and more.
- Idhazhiyal kalai – Dr. Ma.Pa. Gurusamy
- Ilakkiya Marabu – Mu. Varadarasanar
- Sanga ilakkiyam: ilakkiya valamum vazhviyal aramum – Dr. R. Chandrasekaran
- Tamilaga naatupuraviyal – Dr. Sargunavathy
- Silappathikara Thiranaaivu – Dr. Ma.Po.Sivagnanam
- Silappathigara urai – Gna. Manickavasagan
- Kurunthogai – Puliyur Kesikan urai
- Thirukkural – Parimelazhagar urai
- Kumbakaruna vadhai padalam – Dr. Durai Rasaram Urai
- Vanakkam valluva – Erode Tamilanban
- Thiruppavai – C.Subramanian
- Kambar kaatum Kumbakarnan – Arunagiri
- Thiruvasagam – A. S. Gnanasambandan
- Mozhi iyal – Dr. R. Srinivasan
- Tamil ilakkiya varalaru – C. Balasubramanian
- Tamil ilakkiya varalaru – Muthamizh Selvan
- Puthiya nokkil tamil ilakkiya varalaru – Tamilanban
- Tamilar nagarigamum panpaadum – Thatchinamoorthy
- Tamilar varalarum panpadum – K.K. Pillai
- Tamil kaadhal – V. Subamanickam
- Thambiyar iruvar – A. S. Gnanasambandan
- Silambo silambu – Arasan Santhuvanar
- Silapathikaram Tamizhagam – Sami Chidambaranar
Candidates can also write the Mains IAS exam in the Tamil language if they are proficient. IAS aspirants should check out IAS Tamil Literature Syllabus & Question papers for the optionals as a large part of the static concepts get repeated every few years.
UPSC Tamil Literature Booklist:- Download PDF Here
You can also check the articles relevant to UPSC IAS exam preparation in the table below: