TABLE OF CONTENT
A. GS1 Related B. GS2 Related POLITY 1. Draft Social Security Code raises doubts about efficacy ‘It is evasive about the benefits accruing to workers in the unorganised sector’ B. GS2 Related INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS 1. India, France to join hands on Paris pact Leaders of the two countries also vow to unite to boost maritime security and fight against terrorism C. GS3 Related ECONOMY 1. New GST rate of 3% for gold, diamonds Rates finalised for all ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY 1. NCR becoming a death trap for birds: report Pollution, degradation of water sources, radiation from mobile towers are threatening survival of birds D. GS4 Related E. Concepts-in-News: Related Concepts to Revise/Learn F. Bills/Acts/Schemes/Orgs in News G. Practice Questions for UPSC Prelims Exam
UPSC Current Affairs 2017: News Analysis
A. GS1 Related
Nothing here for Today!!!
Why in news?
- The Center’s draft Social Security Code, combining upwards of 44 work laws, has made questions about its viability.
- It has held the downsides of before enactments and is equivocal about the advantages gathering to laborers in the chaotic division.
- At a meeting activist said the code was a “confused arrangement of standards” and it didn’t address the worry of workers in the areas of wages, welfare, mechanical relations and wellbeing and work conditions.
- There appeared to be a move to privatize the administration of assets gathered for specialists’ standardized savings.
- The counsel to the Supreme Court’s Commissioner morally justified to sustenance case, said the code was “hostile to workers” and was even more a political trick than a welfare measure.
- This code was hazy about the government managed savings benefits for sloppy workers.
- Code additionally would oblige them to make financial commitment to guarantee the advantages.
- In the event that the new laws came into compel, the advance made in a few States for cutting edge assurance of laborers would be vanquished.
Why in news?
- India and France to cooperate for the usage of the milestone Paris atmosphere assention and battle the test postured by psychological warfare.
- India was resolved to “go well beyond” the Paris arrangement to ensure atmosphere for who and what is to come.
- Indian Prime Minister said Paris atmosphere bargain mirrors “our obligation towards securing the mother Earth and our normal assets. For us, this (security of condition) is an article of confidence.”
- Paris atmosphere understanding is a mutual heritage of the world.
- Fear based oppression is one of the greatest difficulties the world is confronting today. We can’t see the risk of environmental change however we can see the awful impacts of fear based oppression
- India and France to cooperate in barrier participation, oceanic security and battling fear based oppression on the Internet.
C. GS3 Related
Why in news?
- India and France to cooperate for the execution of the point of interest Paris atmosphere assention and battle the test postured by psychological warfare.
- The Goods and Services Tax Council concluded the rates on all the rest of the items, including gold, footwear, materials, rural executes, scones, and beedis.
- The Council additionally cleared the standards with respect to return documenting, and transitional arrangements.
- Gold, silver, and precious stones would be put in another rate class of 3% while harsh jewels would pull in an ostensible rate of 0.25%.
Why in news?
- Fast urbanization over the most recent three decades is in charge of the vanishing of more than 70% types of transitory and endemic flying creatures in south Haryana’s Aravalli go.
- Feathered creatures were enduring a direct result of air contamination, debasement of water sources, radiation from versatile towers, outsider urban arranging that incorporates tall structures and plentiful utilization of glass, and the commotion levels close urban territories of Manesar and different areas.
- Aside from these obstacles, edit deposit consuming around Delhi in the mid year and start of winter is a potential risk to avian work.
- It has not just bothered disintegration of air quality and stifling of flying creatures, but at the same time is a danger to their natural surroundings amid the rearing time frame.
- Winged creatures are likewise inclined to respiratory contaminations because of the poor air quality in NCR, with survival rate as low as 5%. Not all is lost.
- Social associate amongst flying creatures and people in the territory was clear in the social and religious practices.
- There is a custom of offering water and grains to creatures and flying creatures. Healing facilities committed to feathered creatures and wild creatures are a one of a kind element in the NCR and its encompassing ranges, which mean territorial affectability toward winged animals
Nothing here for Today!!!
Article in News
|About the article|
Question 1: Which state became the first to ratify the constitution (122nd amendment) (GST) bill 2014?
- Madhya Pradesh
Question 2: Consider the following statements regarding the Paris Conference:
- It aims to combat climate change and adapt to its effects, with enhanced support to assist developing countries to do so.
- It’s central aim is to keep the global temperature rise below 2 degree Celsius.
- To reach these ambitious goals, appropriate financial flows, a new technology framework and an enhanced capacity building framework will be put in place.
Which of the above statements are incorrect?
- 1 only
- 2 only
- 1 and 2only
- None of the above
Question 3: Rajya Sabha on 3 August 2016 passed The Constitution (122nd Amendment) (GST) Bill, 2014. The Bill exempts which of the following Goods and Services from its purview?
- Tobacco products
Question 4: Which of the following is not a World Heritage site?
- Humayun’s Tomb
- Kaziranga National Park
- Potala Palace
- Mysore Palace
“Proper Current Affairs preparation is the key to success in the UPSC- Civil Services Examination. We have now launched a comprehensive ‘Online Current Affairs Crash Course’. Limited seats available. Click here to Know More.”
Practice More: Enroll for India’s Largest All-India Test Series