Digital platform for MSME Exporters
- The minister of commerce and industry Shri Suresh Prabhu launched the FIEO GlobalLinker- a digital platform for MSME exporters to digitise their businesses and join a global community of growing businesses.
- Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) has developed this digital platform.
- FIEO GlobalLinker is setup with a view to make the business growth of SMEs simpler, more profitable and enjoyable.
- It is a growing global network currently comprising over 140,000 SME firms, who are seeking business collaboration and growth opportunities through the use of their electronic business card and digital profiles created on the platform.
- FIEO is available free of cost and it offers exporters a range of features and benefits like:
- Business Opportunities: Exporters will be able to find clients, suppliers and advisors using the search and review facilities. Creating a free e-commerce store for direct sales and improved chain management.
- Up-to-date Business Knowledge through business articles, industry news and common interest groups.
- Improved Efficiencies: Platform provides services like company intranet, integrating email, a business calendar.
- FIEO’s Services: Application for new RCMC/endorsement/renewal/participation in FIEO’s promotional programme and alerts.
- DARPAN-PLI App will help in collection of premium for PLI and RPLI policies at Branch Post Offices anywhere in India, with online updation of the policies.
- With launch of this App, indexing of maturity claims in respect of PLI and RPLI polices can be done at Branch Post Office itself, upon which the insurant will immediately be provided with the request number for further references.
- Department of Posts has launched DIGITAL ADVANCEMENT OF RURAL POST OFFICE FOR A NEW INDIA (DARPAN)Project, which aims at connecting all 1.29 lakh Rural Branch Post Offices in the country to enable them to do online Postal and Financial Transactions.
- The total Project cost is more than Rs.1300 crores.
- The Hand-held devices installed under DARPAN Project will ensure improvement in the quality of Postal services being offered in remote rural areas.
- Customers in these areas can now avail the facility of online Core Banking, booking of Registered and Speed Post articles, booking of Money Orders, deposit of Postal Life Insurance / Rural Postal Life Insurance premium and indexing of PLI / RPLI maturity claims through hand-held devices being used at branch post offices.
Study in India portal
- ‘Study in India’ portal (www.studyinindia.gov.in) is being launched by HRD ministry.
- The Study in India is aimed at making India a preferred destination for the foreign students to pursue their education.
- The portal will enable students from 30 countries across South Asia, Africa, CIS and Middle East to select and apply for different courses from 150 select Indian institutions which are high on NAAC and NIRF ranking.
To ace UPSC current affairs section, read more PIB articles here.