Read the daily PIB update and stay up-to-date on current affairs for the UPSC exam
Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act
- In order to ensure safe workplaces for Women in the private sector, the Ministry of Women and Child had requested Hon’ble Minister for Corporate Affairs to mandate the disclosure regarding implementation of the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act in the Directors Report of every company.
- So, Disclosure of compliance under the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace Act in the Annual Reports of Private companies now made Mandatory: Ministry of Corporate Affairs amends the Companies (Accounts) Rules, 2014.
- A number of instructions have been issued by the DoPT on the request of the ministry to provide immediate relief to the women working in central government against sexual harassment at workplace.
- The ministry has also empanelled a number of entities who can provide training to any organization on effective implementation of the provisions of the Act.
- The ministry has provided a facility to all working women to file complaints under this Act directly with the ministry through the SHE-Box.
LaCONES or Laboratory for the Conservation of Endangered Species
- It is a Council of Scientific and Industrial Research lab located in Hyderabad.
- It has a dedicated facility of CSIR’s Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB) in Hyderabad uses modern biotechnologies for conservation of endangered wildlife.
- Effective conservation measures include both in situ habitat preservation, species protection and ex situ conservation (captive breeding in controlled environment to restock original wild populations).
- It is India’s only research facility engaged in conservation and preservation of wildlife and its resources.
- It was established in 1998 with the help of Central Zoo Authority of India, CSIR and the government of Andhra Pradesh.
- It was dedicated to the nation in 2007 by then President of India APJ Abdul Kalam.
- Despite being one of the most biodiverse countries in the world, nearly 14% of all species in India face serious threat of extinction.
- It is therefore, important to carry out conservation breeding and assisted reproductive strategies for conservation and management of threatened species
To ace UPSC current affairs section, read more PIB articles here.
|Sexual Harassment of Women at the Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition, and Redressal) Act, 2013|
|National Commission For Women|