Read the daily PIB update and stay up-to-date on current affairs for the UPSC exam
Affordable Solar Power
- The panelists of Pravasi Bharatiya Panel on “Role of Indian Diaspora in Capacity Building for Affordable Solar Power” called on Prime Minister.
- They presented the outcomes of their discussions over last two days in areas such utility scale solar, off-grid and microgrid solutions, solar storage, next generation solar technologies and innovative financing options for the renewable sector.
- Prime Minister welcomed the practical recommendations and directed Ministry of External Affairs and Ministry of New and Renewable Energy to take forward these expert interactions and factor relevant outcomes in policy-making.
Asian games 2018
Prime Minister congratulated:
- Rohan Bopanna and Divij Sharan on winning Gold in Men’s Doubles Tennis event at the 18th Asian Games 2018 in Jakarta – Palembang, Indonesia.
- The team of Sawarn Singh, Dattu Baban Bhokanal, Om Prakash and Sukhmeet Singh on winning Gold in Rowing Men’s Quadruple Sculls event.
Unnat Bharat Abhiyan
- A flagship program of MHRD, GOI.
- Higher Education Institutions of Human Resource Development Ministry under its flagship program – Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA) 2.0 participated in Gram Sabhas, on the occasion of Independence Day.
- 688 institutions are selected on a Challenge Mode (426 technical and 262 non- technical) which are reputed Higher Educational Institutes (both public and private) of the country, which have adopted total no. of 3555 villages for their development through UBA.
- To create a virtuous cycle between society and an inclusive academic system by providing knowledge and practices for emerging professions and to upgrade the capabilities of both the public and the private sectors in responding to the development needs of rural India.
- To build an understanding of the development agenda within institutes of Higher Education and an institutional capacity and training relevant to national needs, especially those of rural India.
- To re-emphasize the need for field work, stake-holder interactions and design for societal objectives as the basis of higher education.
- To stress on rigorous reporting and useful outputs as central to developing new professions.
- To provide rural India and regional agencies with access to the professional resources of the institutes of higher education, especially those that have acquired academic excellence in the field of science, engineering and technology, and management.
- To improve development outcomes as a consequence of this research. To develop new professions and new processes to sustain and absorb the outcomes of research.
- To foster a new dialogue within the larger community on science, society and the environment and to develop a sense of dignity and collective destiny.
To ace UPSC current affairs section, read more PIB articles here.
|Panchayati Raj||Unnat Bharat Abhiyan||Solar Energy|