Read the daily PIB update and stay up-to-date on current affairs for the UPSC exam
President of India Inaugurates 13th Edition Of CII Agro Tech India – 2018 in Chandigarh
Highlights of his speech:
- The President said that Indian agriculture’s success depends on contemporary technology; protection against climate change, price fluctuations and demand shocks; and sustained investment by and partnership with business
- Also said strong relationship is emerging between agriculture and the services sector. Biotechnology, nanotechnology, data science, remote-sensing imaging, autonomous aerial and ground vehicles, and artificial intelligence hold the key to generating more value for agriculture.
CII: The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) is a non-government, not-for-profit, industry-led and industry-managed organization, playing a proactive role in India’s development process. Founded in 1895, India’s premier business association has over 8000 members, from the private as well as public sectors, including SMEs and MNCs, and an indirect membership of over 200,000 enterprises from around 240 national and regional sectoral industry bodies.
Digital Sky Platform launched
Context: Ministry of Civil Aviation announced Digital Sky Platform, a first of its kind that implements ‘no permission, no take-off’ (NPNT) – a novel system of software-based self-enforcement to minimize deviations from the Civil Aviation Regulations .
About: Remotely Piloted Aerial Systems (RPAS), popularly referred to as drones, are a technology platform with wide-ranging applications. Nano drones in India can start flying legally from today. For micro and above categories, operators and pilots are required to register on the Digital Sky Portal.
As per the draft Civil Aviation Requirements for Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS),the drones have been classified as follows on the basis of their maximum take-off weight :
- Nano: Less than or equal to 250 gm.
- Micro: Greater than 250 gm and less than or equal to 2 kg.
- Mini: Greater than 2 kg and less than or equal to 25 kg.
- Small :Greater than 25 kg and less than or equal to 150 kg.
- Large :Greater than 150 kg.
To ace UPSC current affairs section, read more PIB articles here.
|India Innovation Index Framework||National Civil Aviation Policy- An Insight|