Read the daily PIB update and stay up-to-date on current affairs for the UPSC exam
Sardar Patel Award
Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi announced annual Sardar Patel Award for National Integration at the DGPs/IGPs Conference at Kevadia
- The Birth Anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, which falls on 31 October, is celebrated as National Integration Day of Rashtriya Ekta Divas.
- The government is attempting to create awareness among the people about Sardar Patel’s contribution towards India’s freedom struggle and ensuring national integration in India.
- It will inspire more people to work towards furthering India’s unity and national integration which would be a fitting tribute to Sardar Patel
Cyber Coordination Centre
Prime Minister launched website of Cyber Coordination Centre during DGP Conference.
- Cyber coordination Centre is a one stop shop on all cyber related issues, whether it is cyber crime or cyber security.
- It would also act as bridge between law enforcement agencies on the one hand, and academia and private cyber security professionals on the other.
- The DGP Conference also focused on improving cyber security in the country and on preparing the Police forces to prevent and investigate cyber crimes and financial frauds.